Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rear window wiper

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2016, 4:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear window wiper

I would imagine that this is a more common issue. Recently purchased an 05 suburban z71, and the rear window wiper isn't working. I'm not the most educated on these things, but if I could get someone to point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks.
Old September 19th, 2016, 11:32 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I am assuming that you checked the fuse to make sure it wasn't blown.

Starting at the wiper motor assembly in the liftgate, work your way towards the front (dash) to see where the voltage is being lost.

Turn on the wipers and see if there is power at the motor. If there is 12V, then the motor/wiper assembly is bad.

If there is no 12V at the motor, then check at the fuse box/relay area to see if there is 12V going out. You will need a schematic at this point.

I don't remember how the switch is wired on these trucks. I have a 2002, I believe in 2003 they added a lot of extra multiplexing in the controls. The switch may just be a computer input, with the computer sending out a control signal to the relay. Either way, check to see if the switch puts out a voltage to the relay or the computer. If its just an input to the computer, it may not be 12V, but something like 5V.

Here is a link to a possible cause for the rear wiper not working:

rear wiper inoperable - 2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

Good Luck
Steve
Old September 19th, 2016, 5:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did check the fuse and it was still good. Thanks for the info.