Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

AC Heater not functioning properly

Old June 12th, 2011, 11:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Heater not functioning properly

I have a 2004 Suburban with an AC/Heating control problem. The passenger side does not follow the command from the dash controller. No matter how you set the passenger temperature levels, it does not cause the blower motor to respond. Additionally, the directional flow control does not cause the diverter doors to exhaust the air from the correct vents (defrost, dash, floor). The drivers side is able to have AC at the vents, but not FULL cold. (I know the system is charged as the rear air blows full cold. Rear system works perfectly). So, it seems that there are at least two problems, where the blower motor command on the right side does not cause the motor speed to respond to a change in temperature command nor to divert properly, and the driver side does not cause the blending do to react.
I have looked at the circuitry internal to the dash control assembly, and nothing looks burnt or damaged. The display operates perfectly and responds to every user command; the balance of the AC/Heating system does not.
Is there another control assembly elsewhere that directs the diverter/blending doors?
Thank you for your help!
(Please don't ask me to take this to a dealer or mechanic. I am an experienced mechanic just not with this model.)