Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Remote start not working correctly

Old December 18th, 2006, 1:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote start not working correctly

New '07 Hoe and my remote start will not always work. It is an intermittant problem that seems to be related to how cold it is outside. When I try to remote start it, it fires up and dies. Once it does that, you cannot get it to try again. Took it to the dealer and they say there are no error codes and they could not get it to do the same thing. When it is 20 degrees or less I notice it does not start about 1/2 the time. Kind of makes the remote start useless!

Anyone else having this problem, or know how I can correct it?
Old December 18th, 2006, 4:30 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Remote start not working correctly

Well I guess the obvious needs to be stated before anyone can help. The remote start from the factory has a horrible range, are you close enough to get it to start? The remote start is also designed to run for 5 minutes and if you hit the remote start again it will prolong it for another 5 minutes for a total of 10 minutes. After the ten minutes that truck won't start again. Could any of these designed issues be part of the problem?
Old December 18th, 2006, 7:04 PM
CF Beginner

Nope, this happens whether I am 100' away (at work) or 10' (starting it in the garage). I do know that it will only run 5 minutes, but it does not even start. It will turn a few times and die. Kind of like a carburated '82 would have done in the cold...once it dies, you can unlock, re-lock and try again but after that you cannot try again. I guess it only gives you 2 tries. I know that I am holding the button long enough, just not sure what might be causing it that the dealer can't find any codes on.
Old December 18th, 2006, 8:15 PM
CF Senior Member

If you use the key does the vehicle run and start normally? Have you checked your battery terminals to see if they're tight and have no corrosion. If so, it sounds like an issue with the remote starter brain.
Old December 18th, 2006, 8:40 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know what your talking about...my Mailbu did the same thing just yesterday, fired and died and would not fire again, I did not take it in yet (LOL I work ata dealership you would think I wold have)..I have heard some ppl haveing issues with their body control modules for their remotes and windows and locks, mostly on the Uplanders, check that let me know.

I can say its not temp related it was -46 here last week with wind chill and it fired no problems, forgot to plug it in to.....ouchy...anyhow it was only like -10 the other day when it did it. It will start fine with the key..ALSO mine gave a check RKE code which is the security system, I putting my money there as the, the Cstart is tied directly to it.

couple things Salesguys should be telling customers, they only have a 200 foot range can only be cycled 2 times and wont start a 3 and runs for about 8 minutes each time.
Old December 18th, 2006, 10:34 PM
CF Beginner

Starts just fine with the key, needs absolutely no help. Nothing else is working odd, all locks, key fob, etc is working fine. Checked battery and it is fine. Only have 3500 miles on it.

MalibuMaxx- man that is cold, I grew where it was that cold (Idaho), no man should be made to live in such extremes!
Old December 19th, 2006, 12:52 AM
CF Junior Member

My 07 use to do it when it was over 100 degrees here is Vegas. I took it in and they said all checked ok, but it only seemed to do it once the car sat for hours in 100+. I use to unlock the car, lock it again, then it would start ok.
Old December 19th, 2006, 1:11 AM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Mine has done that a couple of times. It's on my punch list for when it goes in again.
Old December 19th, 2006, 5:27 PM
CF Junior Member

Mine has done it numerous times. I live in Dallas and whether its 80 degrees one day and 20 the next it does it the same amount of time. Does anyone know the fix to this?
Old December 19th, 2006, 5:47 PM
CF Beginner

Mine just did it again this morning. Tried it twice, failed both times, so I walked out and started it with the key. Few hours later I tried it again after being parked and it fired right up. Seems to me to be related to it sitting and not have fuel in the chamber, so to say.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remote start not working correctly