Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

REMOTE START TEMPERATURE CONTROLS!

Search this Thread

Old October 27th, 2006, 10:59 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default REMOTE START TEMPERATURE CONTROLS!

When you remote start the tahoe, obviously it doesnt show the temp or any other of the electical functions arent displayed.

So, what is the temperature of the heater/ac controls? Is it blowing the temperature air when the vehicle was last shut off? Does it have a factory set temperature?

Where does it blow, where the last setting was? Or is there a factory setting that blows out a certain vent area?
Old October 27th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts
Default RE: REMOTE START TEMPERATURE CONTROLS!

Not sure how it's supposed to work but so far mine goes to A/C when the inside temp is higher than the setpoint and heat when the inside temp is lower than the setpoint. Haven't paid much attention to where the air comes from but think it's basically dash on A/C and floor on heat.
Old October 28th, 2006, 2:03 AM
CF Veteran

According to the manual (who reads that anyway), if you have automatic climate controls it will default to a heating-setting during cold weather and cooling during warmer weather. If you don't have automatic climate controls it will turn on to the last setting. It isn't specific about the automatic settings ie where or what temp...
Old October 28th, 2006, 2:25 PM
CF Addict

Dave,

Do you know what the factory default temperatures of the remote start cold and hot?
Old November 24th, 2007, 6:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In know this is an old thread, but have a similar question. My wife's 07 Tahoe has remote start and I was going to ask if it was normal for it to start upand have nothing lit up on the dash. I see thatit is normal.
Any update or confirmation that if I have automatic climate control it does come on? What about the heated seats? I was hopingthe AC/Heatwould come on to whatever setting I last had (including the heated seats). I haven't messed with it enough to see and she hasn't used the remote start at all. Got a little chilly here so I figured I's ask. Maybe I haven't left it going long enough to see if the heat came on.
Old November 24th, 2007, 7:24 PM
CF Veteran

If you have automatic HVAC it will default to a high heat in cold temps and full AC in hot temps regardless of your last setting.It's better that way. no matter what you had on when you parked itwill pick the best setting for the conditions present at start up. The heated seats do come on with the heat!(high setting for both sides)

If you have manual HVAC it will come on to last setting.
Old November 24th, 2007, 7:29 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks! I guess I should have tried it out a little more. It is 40 out rightnow. I let it run for a bit. When I got in both seats were on full heat and the blower was blowing hard out the defrost ducts (its also been foggy/drizzling all day). As soon as I turned on the key the heated seats went off and the blower went to low out the dash (last setting). Cool, so now I know. I thought at first it only started and no climate control and thought that would be a little dumb. Learn something new everyday. And I want to steal it from the wife the more I drive it too!
Old November 25th, 2007, 8:11 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Glad you got it figured out. Highly recommend skimming thru the manual as these new trucks have a lot of technology in them.
Old November 26th, 2007, 11:47 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: biglg

Dave,

Do you know what the factory default temperatures of the remote start cold and hot?
Landon,
I don't know the exact tempurature threshholds that were set by the software writers that turn the AC or Heat on but if I'm not mistaken the AC is at roughly 80F+ and the heat is about 60F or less.
Old November 27th, 2007, 8:11 PM
CF Active Member

YEah...it finally got cold here in Houston this past weekend and was really impressed when I started the car from inside a store and when my wife and I got in the car the seats were nice and toasty...can't leave them on very long though myself as even the lowest setting is a little warm for me....I believe the outside temperature has to be pretty low for the seats to kick on (in the 40's) as they didn't come on today with remote start but the heat did...it was aboug 55 deg outside...

Quick Reply: REMOTE START TEMPERATURE CONTROLS!