Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

remove 3rd row seat

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2007, 10:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remove 3rd row seat

hey everyone. i just recentlt bought my 03 tahoe used. im still trying to figure out how to completely remove the 3rd row seat and take it out. i need to the sapce for a move. if anyone can let me know i would really appreciate it. thanks
Old September 2nd, 2007, 9:35 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: remove 3rd row seat

If you don't have an owner's manual, register on http://www.mygmlink.com and you can view on online.

Removing the Bench Seat
To remove the full bench seat, do the following:
Open the rear doors and enter the rear of the vehicle.

Fold the seatback forward onto the seat cushion by using the lever labeled 1. The seat cannot be removed unless the seatback is folded.
To unlatch the seat from the floor, pull up on the release lever labeled 2, located at the rear of the seat, and lift the rear of the seat up off the floor.
Squeeze the release lever, located in the lower middle to unlatch the seat from the floor while pulling the seat out.
While holding the rear of the seat up, roll the seat out of the vehicle.

Replacing the Bench Seat
Caution
If the seatback is not locked, it could move forward in a sudden stop or crash. That could cause injury to the person sitting there. Always press rearward on the seatback to be sure it is locked.
Caution
A seat that is not locked into place properly can move around in a collision or sudden stop. People in the vehicle could be injured. Be sure to lock the seat into place properly when installing it.
Caution
A safety belt that is improperly routed, not properly attached, or twisted will not provide the protection needed in a crash. The person wearing the belt could be seriously injured. After raising the rear seatback, always check to be sure that the safety belts are properly routed and attached, and are not twisted.
To reinstall the full bench seat, do the following:
While holding the rear of the seat up, slide the front wheels into the slots on the floor. The front latches should lock into place. If the latches do not lock, try tilting the rear of the seats upwards.
Once the latches are engaged, let the seat drop into place. Release the lever labeled 1 to return the seat to its upright position.
Push and pull on the seat to make sure it is locked into place. The seatback cannot be raised to the upright position unless the seat is secured to the floor.