Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Aftermarket NAV w/ Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2006, 4:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket NAV w/ Bluetooth

Has anyone put an aftermarket Navi into a Non Bose system (only a mp3 cd player in my 07 LS)?
I'm looking to get the Pioneer AVIC Z1 with the 7" screen. It allows adadters for Bluetooth and iPod hookup. I'm also looking at a Alpine unit, (ALP-TME-M770S) but you have to get a seperate Nav system for it that Alpine also sells.
And if so, what works and what doesn't. Can you still use the steering wheel controls? What about the placement of the Nav ant.? Any comments? I mainly want one so I can have Bluetooth and iPod control. I like Alpine's EQ, but its about $400 more than the Pioneer.
Old November 16th, 2006, 5:14 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Aftermarket NAV w/ Bluetooth

mossimo,

there are a few people on here that have put in aftermarket navigation units. I think one was the Z1 and another was a kenwood. Search the old posts, there is a lot of info on this. Just read the navigation/radio posts, i think it is on there.

If I remember, you can still use your steering wheel controls, but it seems they needed an adapter.
Old November 18th, 2006, 12:28 PM
CF Active Member

the pioneer z1 is an awesome nav piece....i installed it in my tahoe....with the metra 95-3305 dash kit it looks like its an OEM nav. also replacing ur OEM radio you do lose ur steerring wheel controls however check with pac parts and the probably have an adapter to keep them working...the nav antenna can be placed on the top of the dash but under the the area closest to the window cause that panel will comes off however i suggest having it sit on the metal frame underneath the top part of the dash... you will also need the
metra GMOS-LAN-01 to work with the non bose radios as well as a metra 40CR10 antenna adapter..
Old November 19th, 2006, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

xclusive

Please post a photo of your unit installed.... I'm curious to see how the Z1 installed vs my Kenwood 6019.