Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Removing driver door panel

Search this Thread

Old September 20th, 2006, 9:09 PM
davemec

Default Removing driver door panel

Does anyone know how to remove the driver door panel. Mine is currently popping off in the corner where the lock is and I think something is blocking it from sitting flush. I can see the piece in that corner that pops into the outer door (this is the piece that pops out when opening/closing the door), but I can't seem to get it to come off any farther so that I can see behind it.
Old September 21st, 2006, 10:59 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Removing driver door panel

For some reason, on the 07's, chevy went back to the clips. Kind of a pain because they will break after you take them on and off a couple times. First you need to take off the door lock by prying on the little piece towards the bottom and pull up on it. Then take out the two bolts, one under the pull handle, and the other under neath the door handle. There are access panels that come out. Then take off the sail panel. After that you just work your way around the door pulling carefully to get the clips to pop off.

I took my wife's off when I tinted her windows. It's pretty easy.
Old September 21st, 2006, 11:15 AM
davemec

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try this weekend, hopefully I won't break anything in the process. Did you notice anything that could have caused the panel to not sit flush when you put the panel back on? Just looking for ideas of what may be causing this.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 11:20 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anything, it's probably one of the clips that got bent putting the door on or something. I've had that happen on my 95 a couple of times putting it back on. Normally you can just straighten it out and push it back in the hole. Thats about the only thing I can think of causing it. The wires and everything else are nicely tucked under the plastic guard under neath. Good luck!