Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Removing Rear Trim Panels In A 07 Suburban/Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old March 14th, 2009, 9:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Rear Trim Panels In A 07 Suburban/Tahoe

Anyone know where I can find a write up on how to properly remove the rear trim panels in my truck? I want to install my third battery in the tray where the factory sub would have went if the truck came with one. I've got some of the rear hatch trims panels off and I don't want to go any further till I get a proper doc on how to do it cause the truck has those side curtain airbags. And I don't want to have those bad boys pop off on me.
Old March 17th, 2009, 4:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I removed mine from my 08' Suburban to Dynamat it and run the wiring for my rear radar jammer and camera, I just took my time, its all pretty much held in by snap clips. I started from the rear and worked forward. It was pretty simple but the panel is bulky and awkward. You don't have to worry to much about the side curtain airbags. They won't deploy unless triggered. That's my 2 cents.
Old March 17th, 2009, 3:26 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

FYI: the subwoofer on the NBS is under the cupholders in the center console.
Old March 25th, 2009, 10:09 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if im not mistaken... on the rear panels int he cargo area you kind of need to work from the top down. By this I mean there are the rear pillars which hold the tweeters that you need to remove first. These are held in by one screw on the side and clips. Before you remove that though I believe you need to remove the center plastic on the roof between the two pillars. If you are just doing one side than you dont need to remove the whole thing just enough to pull out the pillar. You will also need to remove the bottom center plastic trim where the liftgate latches onto when closed, thats held in by clips also. from there you can just pull out that rear panel. If you want to remove it completely then you will have to remove the skinny panel that is between the 2nd and 3rd row (the bottom of the panel has a big torx screw that holds the seat belt in place.)
I hope this somewhat helped you out.