Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Replacement Keys.

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2016, 9:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

not a good idea to trace an old existing keys. have then cut using a key code by a locksmith or dealer. transponder keys are $. its a waste to trace old keys. especially if the old keys are difficult to turn in the ignition.

8 keys is the max for most systems, fleet vehicles can have more. Not sure how to change this.
Old August 10th, 2016, 10:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info.
Just got in touch with him - great service!

Oops, should have posted who I was replying too!

This is in response to a post about this guy:

http://www.ebay.ca/usr/wolfsecurityhardware?rt=nc
Old April 11th, 2018, 9:43 AM
CF Beginner

Yes from any online site order the key for cheap and find the locksmith near you. After that ask him to cut and program the key, the price of doing the job is quite decent as compared to the dealership.
Old April 11th, 2018, 2:04 PM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought an expensive-ish remote on Amazon. It would not program. I tried everything and the company was no help..at all. So, I bought a $7 dollar one with free shipping on ebay and it works perfectly. Any locksmith can cut a key. I use Ace Hardware.
Old April 19th, 2018, 9:00 AM
CF Beginner

Locksmith Brooklyn have charged me $50 for key cut and program , is that not a good price guys.
Old July 9th, 2018, 7:10 AM
CF Beginner

If you get it from locksmith also it would cost the same as the ebay. Mine was done by locksmith richardson tx and their price was exactly the same as buying from online store and then cut down and program by nearby locksmith.
Old July 19th, 2018, 6:25 AM
CF Beginner

I appreciate everyone's thought and surely find the one near who can do car key replacement at affordable cost.
Old August 8th, 2018, 3:10 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mikeseashols
I have not been able to duplicate extra keys for my Suburban - I have already duplicated 8 keys ... is there a limit to how many duplicate keys you can do? Can you reset that limit? Thanks
No there's no limit to it you can get as many as duplicate keys for you but the thing is you must contact those locksmith which have direct contact with Chervolet dealers. I got mine from rosewell locksmith.
Old August 8th, 2018, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

for this generation, 8 is the limit unless you have a fleet vehicle.
Old November 30th, 2018, 6:16 AM
CF Beginner

Smile

A Auto locksmith will be able to make a copy for most types of car key – either a standard remote fob or a transponder key.Many MLA locksmiths who provide a Auto Locksmith Service do Car Key Cutting .If you need a replacement car key cut in the event of having lost your car key,damage or broken them or just want a duplicate set of car .Most Auto Locksmiths will be able to provide a replacement key for your specific model of car key.

Quick Reply: Replacement Keys.