Replacing Idle Air Control Valve - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Replacing Idle Air Control Valve

CF Beginner

August 7th, 2010, 6:14 PM   #1  
Replacing Idle Air Control Valve

I have figured out that the issue causing my 2001 Chevy Tahoe to have RPM issues when at a stop light or parked is the idle control valve. Does anyone have any idea how to replace or where to find it? All of the information that I have found online refers to ICV's that are cord driven and my Tahoe controlled by an electric throttle. Any help would be appreciated. It is hot outside and I want to get this fixed so that I can have AC when stopped. Thanks a lot for all information!!!

CF Veteran

kentucky

August 7th, 2010, 10:18 PM   #2  
idle air control valves are all electrical, whether the throttle is cable or electric doesn't matter. iac's are mounted on the throttle body itself, usually with 2 bolts/screws, and an electrical connector. this link shows the iac for the 5.3 motor.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...2169&ppt=C0018

CF Beginner

August 7th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #3  
I have the part but I just don't see where it goes. Is it right next to the Alternator?

CF Veteran

kentucky

August 7th, 2010, 10:36 PM   #4  
it goes on the throttle body, which is on the top of motor where the air goes into engine. you'll have to take the air intake tube off, then look on drivers or passenger side of the throttle body (the throttle body is basically the carberator looking part)

CF Beginner

pakistan

October 29th, 2010, 2:51 AM   #5  
cleveland taxi

Thanks for this

Administrator

Austin, Texas

October 29th, 2010, 8:06 AM   #6  
also take a read of this artical and see if it might apply..

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/Bl...e_cleaning.pdf

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors