Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Tahoe & Suburban
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008, 08:57 AM

Default Retractable Running Boards

I bought a 2007 LTZ Tahoe with the Retractable running boards. I love them, only one problem. No mud flaps the rocks stuck in the tire treads are chewing up the paint. I went to the dealer and they didn't have any solutions. Is there some where that anybody knows of that would make custom ones or something? Spring is going to arrive soon and by June I would have sandblasted the bottom part of my doors. I didn't pay $1000 for the bars, to get them removed to save the paint. It is really a poorly thought idea, at the very least the tires should have had wider tread so that rocks wouldn't get stuck in them.
HELP please[&o]
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 02-07-2008, 02:56 PM
CF Veteran

Default RE: Retractable Running Boards

I'm pretty sure you can use the "contoured" OEM flaps (really they are flat and sit in the wheel well) with power retractable steps.
OOPS. Re-read details and it appears that they do not work sorry!!

http://gmaccessoriesstore.com/splash...th=35_36_44_46
Old 02-07-2008, 02:58 PM
CF Veteran

Show pics with boards up and down so we can take a look and maybe come up with solution.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:38 PM
CF Senior Member

Same problem here when I had the 20" polished rims on, after I put the chrome with the Good Year tires on it was a hell of a lot better.[/align][/align]The Good Year tire has a wider thread pattern so the rocks don't get stuck in them anymore.[/align][/align]Sorry the pictures aren't close ups, but they should give you an idea of what it looks like.[/align][/align]Click the image to open in full size.[/align][/align]Click the image to open in full size.[/align][/align]Click the image to open in full size.[/align][/align]Click the image to open in full size.[/align]
2007 Suburban LTZ, Summit White, Light Cashmere Leather, Chrome Appearance Package, Assist Steps-Power Articulating, Entertainment Package, Power Moon Roof, Luggage Rack Rails, Rear Fascia Closeout, GM Hood protector, WeatherTech Floorliner
Old 02-07-2008, 04:38 PM

Tags
07, 08, avalanche, boards, chevy, flaps, gm, ltz, mud, oem, power, retractable, running, steps, stuck, suburban, tahoe