Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Reverse sensors not working on 2007 LTZ

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2006, 6:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse sensors not working on 2007 LTZ

Anyone else have this problem? I can barely get a beep out of this thing.
Old August 26th, 2006, 6:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Reverse sensors not working on 2007 LTZ

All fine here
Old August 26th, 2006, 7:06 PM
CF Junior Member

Funny thing - took mine in this morning to the dealer for our free gas-up/ detail for all the problems we had on a vacation (see my other posts for details) and I showed my sales rep the problem. Backed up to a solid wall using the camera of course and not a single beep except when I first put it in reverse. The light panel in the back blinked like I was real close but the sound just wasn't there. The service rep called me and said he can't get an answer for GM as of right now and will have to keep it until Monday. Fortunatly we have additional transportation available and won't have to make another trip. I will keep you posted on what they find so you know exactly what to tell your service rep when you take yours in.
ORIGINAL: swatson1

Anyone else have this problem? I can barely get a beep out of this thing.
Old August 28th, 2006, 3:25 PM
CF Junior Member

Just got a call from the service department. Aparantly there is volume on the sensors controlled by I believe the radio **** so back up to a wall and try to turn up the volume. The service guy said I could adjust it myself so I assume it is by the regular volume ****. We get it back this evening and I will confirm my assumptions. Hope you didn't have to take yours in! Talk to you later tonight.
Old August 28th, 2006, 4:31 PM
CF Beginner

I also get that one beep when you first put it in reverse, sometimes, and the lights are completely inconsistent. I'll try the radio volume but I doubt that will fix it. I'm planning on taking it in when I've got 5000 miles for the first service. I've also got the shaking driver side mirror and a few other issues I've heard about on this forum.
Old August 29th, 2006, 12:07 AM
CF Junior Member

Well, picked it up and sure enough, it still doesn't work right. I have to be completely stopped for it to beep fast. Initial beep when you put it in reverse and then nothing until you have stopped short of a wall or call. I am going to request that the sensors be replaced and/or the whole system be re-installed with a new one. I will keep you posted.
Old August 30th, 2006, 11:57 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This may be the problem that you guys are experiencing:
The Rear Parking Assist, Ultrasonic with rearview LED display and audible warning (UD7) is designed to operate at speeds below 3mph when the vehicle is in reverse.
When the car is shifted into reverse the system will beep to inform the driver that it is on and working, as you close the gap to an object behind the Tahoe the beeps and LED flashes will get progressively quicker until a steady beep is heard as you are upon the object.
If you exceed 3mph (very easy to do) the system’s LED light will begin flashing (no beeps) to inform you that you are on your own.

Try backing very slowly and see if your system works.
Old August 30th, 2006, 12:50 PM
CF Junior Member

In my case, I was crawling backwards and the brakes were "slipping" like I had just drivin in high water - it was recently washed - and still no steady beeps until I had completely stopped. Tried this about 10 times with the same result every time. Like I said before, the lights work like they are supposed to, just no steady beep. Thanks for looking into it further and replying to my PM. I look forward to any other information you can dig up! Also, can you verify that there is indeed a volume control on the sound of the beep? Thanks.
Old August 30th, 2006, 1:54 PM
davemec

I thought from reading the manual, that the system will beep once when you start, then not again until you are very close to the object, and then it will beep constantly. That is how it works in my Tahoe, is this what you are seeing, or are you seeing something different?
Old August 30th, 2006, 3:55 PM
CF Junior Member

Lets just say if it weren't for the camera, I would have hit the wall and then it would beep! Doesn't beep unless I am stopped...like the sensors are off when I am in motion or something???

Quick Reply: Reverse sensors not working on 2007 LTZ