Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rough Idle 2003 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old July 5th, 2008, 11:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rough Idle 2003 Tahoe

i have a 03 2500hd and i was reading here it said if you disconnect the battery the computer does not know what to do? i thought i was having charging problems so i replaced my battery and alternator and its still doing it. runs fine going down the road but when i come up to a stop sign or a light signal it boggs down and the ac does not work well it gets hott and i just cant figure it out? does this just take time for the computer to reset itself after the battery is disconnected? i dont know what else to do any help please???!!!! thanks
Old October 9th, 2008, 3:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Rough Idle 2003 Tahoe

Hello,

Now the rough idle is turning into stalling. My local GM dealer can not give me any information because it is not throwing up a code. Any help would be appreciated. How do I check the fuel pressure to make sure it is not the fuel pump?

Thanks,
Brent Ohl
Old December 6th, 2014, 12:24 AM
CF Beginner

Default rough idle

In my tahoe the rough idle was caused by the throttle position sensor. It seems the bottom end of the range gets all the wear and goes open. The computer is left to figure it out. If you put a slight pressure on the foot throttle (700 rpm or so) I'll bet the engine e smooths out. Sensor was like $115. Ouch!

Originally Posted by livinlo
Hello,

In the past few weeks I have noticed that my tahoe has a really rough idle. You can actually watch the tach noise dive when it is doing this, and it actually stalled on me the other day after making a short trip. Any ideas where to start looking for issues. O yeah about the same time I had the check engine light come on and it gave me the code of the gas cap. Replaced cap and reset computer.

Thanks
Brent