Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rough ride questions

Old July 15th, 2013, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough ride questions

Ok. Here I did some searching on this and did not find much. We just bought a 2007 2500 HD. It came with larger tires/wheels, and had a 2" rancho lift kit installed. I kept the wheels but ditched the lift and the tires. The lift did not include anything for the front other than to suggest cranking down on the cam adjustments. When un-doing all this, I did not drop the front, and I did not change out the shocks in the rear. I left the rancho shocks in place. I did a re-alignment, and had the tires wheels ballanced on re-install. Here are my issues.

This thing rides pretty rough. Some is to be expected but I am a bit worried about one issue. At about 75 you can tell there appears to be a vibration, this same vibration occurs sometimes at lower speeds under accelleration but is not very consistant. The thing does appear to ride pretty rough.

Here are my thoughts/questions.
1. How many leaf springs are supposed to be on the rear of this?
2. Can a 2" lift now removed actually stress the drive shaft some?
3. By dropping the front (2"ish) will this settle the truck down? I know a realign is coming on that.
4. Did I make a mistake by not replacing the rear shocks when dropping the lift?

Any other ideas to settle this truck down a bit?
Old July 15th, 2013, 10:37 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are they rancho 9000's?? if so they are adjustable. You have to adjust your front sway bar most likely as well.
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am pretty sure they are not 9000's. I looked around and did not see any adjustability on them. My only experience with suspension is on mountain bikes, but at some point I realize sag is important. My worry with a shock designed to sit 2" different, is that I am not getting the best travel out of the shock.