Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Scan Tool for 07 Burb help needed.

Search this Thread

Old April 13th, 2015, 9:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scan Tool for 07 Burb help needed.

Anyone know of a good scan tool? I don't mind spending up to $250. I have been looking... and this one doesn't do this... this one doesn't do that!

It's becoming a real PITA!.
Old April 13th, 2015, 4:38 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the INNOVA 3160? Its about 249 on amazon right now. I had bought it when it was about 190, but returned it since I felt like I didn't need it. lol. It scans airbag fault codes as well.
Old April 13th, 2015, 7:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

What do you need it to do?
Good cheap tool is the launch c-readervi for under $100

autoenginuity makes the best laptop based system that does everything. approx. $300 for the gm software.

check out all the scan tools on this site.
http://www.autorepairmanuals.biz/page/924074

Last edited by tech2; April 13th, 2015 at 8:02 PM.
Old April 16th, 2015, 1:44 PM
CF Beginner

I want to do as much as I can for the money. I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!
Old April 28th, 2015, 3:01 PM
CF Beginner

So I looked on Amazon. Under the Auto section, you can plug the vehicle you have and it will tell you want will and will not work on your truck.
How come the one I want, Amazon says will not work on my truck?

I'm confused, shouldn't anything that is OBDll capable, work?!
Old April 28th, 2015, 4:14 PM
CF Beginner

I have the one step up from the cheap basic one for whatever I need for on short notice. If I need to use a better one I go to use the parts store's fancy one. I like theirs, it's a newer bosch
Old April 30th, 2015, 6:13 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have an android phone I use torque. The full version at google play is like $5, but there is a free version. Use also need an obdII adaptor that plugs in and connects to your phone via bluetooth, cost about 15 on ebay.
Will not due airbag stuff and program things. It can read and erase codes with full descriptions. You can set it up to watch realt-ime misfires, abs, fuel injector pulses. Will show vin, miles and other live info like coolant temp, oil pressure rpm,speed, mpg.Works on any obdII. Does alot of cool things
Old May 1st, 2015, 3:30 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by stayathomedad
If you have an android phone I use torque. The full version at google play is like $5, but there is a free version. Use also need an obdII adaptor that plugs in and connects to your phone via bluetooth, cost about 15 on ebay.
Will not due airbag stuff and program things. It can read and erase codes with full descriptions. You can set it up to watch realt-ime misfires, abs, fuel injector pulses. Will show vin, miles and other live info like coolant temp, oil pressure rpm,speed, mpg.Works on any obdII. Does alot of cool things
The reviews were to mixed on this.

Is anyone going to actually answer my question?!
These last replies didn't touch the subject.
Old May 1st, 2015, 8:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

post a link to the specific product.
Old May 2nd, 2015, 1:19 AM
CF Junior Member

I follow this tread when i need a scantool to initiate the calibration of crankshaft position sensor on my 1996 5,7 Tahoe. Want it to work on my 2003 Suburban too so i can do more than just read and reset faultcodes.
Was offered an GM Tech3 but no software included and as i understod i need an expensive license from GM to work online to a server that holds the software and data i need to the Tech3. Is that right ?

Quick Reply: Scan Tool for 07 Burb help needed.