Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Seat Heaters / Ventilators Do not Work

Search this Thread

Old September 28th, 2015, 7:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Heaters / Ventilators Do not Work

I have a 2009 suburban with seat heaters / ventilators on the front seats. Everything on the seats work, but the heat and ventilation. The lights for both heat and ventilation come on and stay on. I can here the module under the passenger seat clicking, but there is no heat or ventilation. Any suggestions?
Old September 29th, 2015, 12:08 PM
CF Active Member

There is a technical service bulletin out for this problem. It is Pit4609B. It suggests checking the wire connections for corrosion or loose connectors on the climate control seat module. This is located under the passenger seat. Since you note that you hear clicking this may not be your problem.

The next thing to check would be check the ventilation modules on each seat. Each seat has two for a total of four modules. Some times Ted (thermo-electric device) will fail and the module needs to be replaced.

I came across this link that describes the heating / cooling system and it may provide you with a solution to your problem.

Heating / Cooling seat information
Old October 1st, 2015, 1:13 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks Brad. I will start there. Any good source for parts besides dealership? I tried searching a couple of part numbers I found under the seats on some of the parts and I am coming up with nothing.
Old October 1st, 2015, 4:35 PM
CF Active Member

You can try gmpartsdirect.com. Their prices are normally better than the dealer, but it would be worthwhile speaking with your dealer, if you have a relationship with them and at least you will know what their price is.

Depending upon where you are located, you may be able to find some parts at a local wrecker, ebay, craigslist etc. Since they are electronic components, new would be best.

Good luck with the repair and let us know what you find.