Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

service 4wd....

Search this Thread

Old February 5th, 2016, 2:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service 4wd....

2004 z71..4 button 4wd.
pulling the fuse doesnt wake up the tccm anymore..
i know i shouldnt be throwing parts,but mid winter in the northeast sucks.
lights on switch light up on start up,then go out,
i guessing/betting on the tccm after hours of searchig forums and similar problems...any ideas????
Old February 5th, 2016, 2:23 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 04 that had the same issue. When was the last time you changed the transfer case fluid?
One day, it wouldn't let me switch into or out of gears, all the lights came on and off like they should, I had to turn the car off and as I turned it on pressed the 2wd button to get it to change. I changed out the 4x4 switch and have not seen the warning since.
Those switches are famous for going bad even if all the lights light up
Old February 5th, 2016, 2:49 PM
CF Beginner

If the switch is bad,would pulling the fuse reset the tccm,because it did work for awhile..a couple times.and no.havent change fluids.
Old February 5th, 2016, 5:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pulling the fuse would rest the tccm. But the tccm also communicates with the switch. If there is an intermittent short or loose internal wire, the communication could work and than for some reason loose communications the light would come on. Something like a bump in the road could make a wire loose connection briefly and then connect again. Once communication is lost, it turns the light on.
I know what you mean about throwing parts at fixes, but there is no real test for intermittent problems. But if you have to throw parts, I start with the cheapest and easiest to change first. Switch will take about 5 minutes
Old February 5th, 2016, 6:04 PM
CF Beginner

Is there a list of trans codes on here somewhere?tech2 ones?
Old February 14th, 2016, 11:21 PM
CF Beginner

On my 03, after reading the trouble code, I replaced the position sensor, reprogrammed the T-case module and cleaned up the grounds on the frame just below the drivers door. No problems since.