Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

"service air bag"

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "service air bag"

Has this happened to anyone? Just recently I started to get this warning. Anyone know whats up?
Old May 2nd, 2014, 11:14 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Service air bag issue

You need to have a scan tool hooked up to the Assembly line drive link (ALDL) to pull a code which helps determine what may be the problem. I recently had my Suburbans in dash airbag light up. The scan tool pulled a DTC of BO0083. Supposedly, this code was for a malfunctioning right front SIR sensor under the front bumper. New sensor was not cheap for it's size, was replaced, but didn't take care of the issue. Light came back on with in a minute after engine was running. Looking further into it and found other problems can cause such a code. Dealership or a repair facility with a high end autoscanner would likely be able to go beyond just bringing up the code to pinpoint the most likely reason why the airbag light is on.

Hope others reading this thread have some input on this issue. As, I too, could use some advice on where to look after checking the harness under the driver side seat for any damage.