Service Airbag and light - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Service Airbag and light

CF Beginner

January 21st, 2010, 8:30 PM   #1  
Service Airbag and light

I replaced my steering wheel tonight with the leather and wood wheel. I followed the instructions by disconnecting the battery for 10mins and then removing the airbag. When I put it all back together and hooked the battery up the service airbag message came up. Is there anyway without going to the dealer to reset the airbag light?

Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Bowie, MD

January 21st, 2010, 8:46 PM   #2  
As long as everything is reconnected then any shop with a scan tool that can read Air Bag codes can turn it off.

CF Beginner

January 21st, 2010, 9:41 PM   #3  
Never mind I followed some instructions online. Pulled the battery again and the fuses waited 10mins and plugged it all back up. No more light. :-)

Administrator

Austin, Texas

January 21st, 2010, 9:46 PM   #4  
Instructions....sometimes they are useful...!

CF Beginner

February 20th, 2010, 4:39 PM   #5  
I just did the same thing, on my 2008 GMC to convert it to audio controls, and followed those instructions, and got the airbag service light also. I have checked everything, removed the bag, reinstalled it, all that, and still have the service light, and no trouble codes on the reader.
HELP!!!!!!

CF Beginner

February 20th, 2010, 11:08 PM   #6  
Make sure you check the airbag retaining pins that go in each connector. Mine were not push all the way down to lock the cables in place. Put it back together and the light went off.

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors