Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Batt. Charging Message

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2009, 10:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Batt. Charging Message

The " Service Battery Charging System" message keeps comming on in my 07 Tahoe. Can anyone help me out with this?????
Thanks a bunch, if possible....
DBoy
Old October 27th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Has the charging software upgrade been performed?
Old October 28th, 2009, 1:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default Service Batt. Charging Message

No, I called Chevrolet and discussed it with service. He found a bulletin from GM refering to this problem, as a result... I'll be taking it in tomorrow for the softwae upgrade.

I hope it works, I've been dealing with this problem for about 3 months. I had already taken it in a few times within the past few months.

thanks a bunch...... 73shark
DBoy
Old October 29th, 2009, 10:53 PM
CF Beginner

Question Service Batt. Charging Message

Okaaa, I found out today that the softwear has infact been updated. Are there any other reasons that this may be happening I got a new battery a few weeks ago, and have had it checked out bye 2 different Chevrolet service and Firestone. 1 Chevy said they could'nt find anything wrong and everything checks out ok. The 2nd said it's the "Altenator". Firestone could'nt find anything because the message never came on while they were running tests on it, nor when they drove it.

That is how its been... the message (Service Battery Charging System), comes and goes. It only comes on every now and then, 2 - 3mins at a time. Yesterday it came on 3 different times, and today 0, none.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

best regards,

DBoy
Old October 31st, 2009, 1:32 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Make sure all of the + & - connections are tite.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 4:55 PM
CF Beginner

Default Service Batt. Charging Sys.

This is still happening.

The charging software upgrade had been performed over a year ago.

Might you know if the alternator can cause this message to come on??? Should I have them to upgrade the software again??? All connections have been checked, I don't want to have to go out and get a new Alternator if that isn't the problem.........

Any suggestions???????

DBoy
Old March 18th, 2011, 6:23 PM
CF Active Member

Default hmm

my radio drained the battery, so my friend gave me a jump start. Right after that, that stupid message shows up. LOL

"service battery charging system"

Any suggestions ?
Old March 18th, 2011, 9:37 PM
CF Active Member

hmmm, i start the car few hours later and msg disappear.
LOL
Old March 19th, 2011, 8:58 AM
CF Beginner

My 07 Avalanche same thing. Bought it used 2 years ago and message comes on now and then. When starting, it cranks slow like the battery is weak but it always starts. Also 1200 watt stereo on original battery. Will wait until it dies before I deal with it.
Old June 20th, 2012, 11:23 AM
CF Beginner

Default Possible Solution?

My Vehicle: 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 2wd 5.3L

I called up the dealership (Service area) where I purchased my vehicle, told them my problem, asked if there were any recalls for "shorts". She ran the last 8 of my VIN# and said that the only thing that shows up is The "Battery." So I have an appointment to get it taken care of free of charge. Cause, not only do the headlights, and inside lights flicker (Alternator?) but the "Service Battery Charger" on the Information Center has started to pop up more frequently now.

Also, the snowflake button for the A/C occasionally will flash on/off when I attempt to use the Air Conditioning, and just blows hot air. Hoping the compressor isn't about to take a SH*T. Anyone have this problem too, and know how to resolve it? I live in AZ so it doesn't get below 30 degrees in the Spring or Summertime. I saw on other sites, that people mentioned the cold weather would be a factor, but that's not the case in my situation. I hope it's an easy, simple fix.

Gotta go replace a low beam headlight bulb now.

Last edited by AZCardsAndIndyColtsFan; June 20th, 2012 at 11:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Service Batt. Charging Message