Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

service tire monitor system/ service air bag

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2015, 6:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service tire monitor system/ service air bag

I just purchased a 07 suburban 1500, used w/ no warranty. Now service tire monitor system light is coming on and service air bag light is coming on. I've repeatedly taken it back to the dealership where I purchased it and no results please help!
Old March 21st, 2015, 8:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if the tpm light is on solid the air pressures are low. if the light is flashing, there is a system fault. Does the dic display all four tire pressures or a --?

For the airbags, you will need a code to start diagnosis. This system is not for a backyarder to repair. Try another shop.
Old March 22nd, 2015, 7:56 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jentoe91
I just purchased a 07 suburban 1500, used w/ no warranty. Now service tire monitor system light is coming on and service air bag light is coming on. I've repeatedly taken it back to the dealership where I purchased it and no results please help!
Welcome to the forum...
Will need a bit more info to work with, do you have factory wheels on vehicle, its possible a previous owner changed the wheels and did not bother with the pressure monitors or used aftermarket ones or simply the factory ones have had their batteries die...
I agree with Tech2 on the airbag, need codes to address and is not something you want to poke around at without proper knowledge of how to properly disarm the system...
Old March 22nd, 2015, 7:21 PM
CF Beginner

Factory wheels are still on my suburban
Old March 23rd, 2015, 5:14 AM
CF Junior Member

Since it is an '07, it's possible the battery in one of the monitors died. IIRC, there's a scanner than can detect battery life but I think it's a dealer thing.

As for the airbag sensors, if you can't find a OBDII scanner to read the diagnostics on it from an auto parts place, prior to going to the dealer you can check one thing on your own. Check the two sensors at the front bumper. Some were over torqued at the factory and ended up with cracked housings. Mine lasted 100k till the light came on. Checked them both this weekend and found one cracked. Swapped it with a new one and the lights gone.

Hope this helps some.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Discount tire here in Texas has the battery reader and they will read them for free, I'd check with a local tire shop, they'll likely read them for you if they think they can sell you set of sensors
Old July 28th, 2016, 1:40 PM
bpm
CF Beginner

Default Reset max pressure

I recently upgraded from passenger tires to truck (10 ply) tires on my 09 suburban. The recommended pressure in the tires is 55-60 psi when not towing my travel trailer, 75 psi when towing. Now every time I start the truck I get a warning: check left rear tire pressure, followed by the same thing for the right rear. I have not swapped the front tires yet but will be this week. I am thinking that 55 psi must be above the point where it triggers the warning, is there a way to set the warning to come on at a higher pressure? Or when I swap the front and there is no longer a 20 psi difference between the front tires and the rear tires will these warnings stop? I was just told by a coworker that the warning is triggered by the vast difference between the tire pressures
Old April 19th, 2017, 3:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Replacing Airbag Sensor

I have an 07 Tahoe sensor that went out. In order to replace the sensor I have to disconnect the battery for 30 min. As this disconnect will erase all memory can I use a 9v computer memory saver to keep the settings or will the airbags engage?
Old April 21st, 2017, 9:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

what sensor are you replacing?