Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

service tire monitoring system?

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2011, 1:41 PM
utz
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service tire monitoring system?

tryed relearning tires but still is coming up on message board.also tps light is on and the meassage board reads front left--- front right---- etc.any help would be appreciated.
Old March 8th, 2011, 5:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you checked the fuse for the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR)? If it's not the fuse, you may need to take it in for service. There're TSBs concerning the RCDLR on your vehicle.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 4:08 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

utz, Have you gotten this issue resolved yet?

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old March 23rd, 2011, 2:56 PM
CF Active Member

turn off the engine. Turn key back in ACC position, DIC set to relearn tire position. Start with front left - deflate for 10-15 sec. unless u hear horn once. Then continue front right, rear right and rear left unless u hear horn twice.
Turn key OFF and start your engine. Should be OK now.
If not, go to dealership to check with scanner.
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:11 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

My Service tire Monitor System light came on and so i took it to the dealership for them to check it out while i was getting my oil changed. It was toward closing hours so he told me i needed to bring back the next day and leave it....so i did...it has been a week now. They changed the module so it is now showing the PSI in the tires, but the service light is still coming on...manager said he has been on phone with gm for a couple days now and still cant figure it out, and gm has never seen this problem.. he said that that they dont know what to do and it may be ready next week. Any ideas??? hopefully something simple but its getting a little rediculous. It was almost like the manager was asking me if i knew what it could be?? Anything would be helpful. Thanks
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Cleonard
My Service tire Monitor System light came on and so i took it to the dealership for them to check it out while i was getting my oil changed. It was toward closing hours so he told me i needed to bring back the next day and leave it....so i did...it has been a week now. They changed the module so it is now showing the PSI in the tires, but the service light is still coming on...manager said he has been on phone with gm for a couple days now and still cant figure it out, and gm has never seen this problem.. he said that that they dont know what to do and it may be ready next week. Any ideas??? hopefully something simple but its getting a little rediculous. It was almost like the manager was asking me if i knew what it could be?? Anything would be helpful. Thanks
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Cleonard,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue. Please keep us posted of the results.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 8th, 2013, 8:32 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Cleonard: Welcome to the forum.

What year is your truck?