Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS light, Help

Search this Thread

Old August 16th, 2015, 11:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are those fairly easy to find? Is that something that I could possibly do on my own? Just questions. Would there possibly be a map to where these all are located? Thanks for your input.
Old August 18th, 2015, 11:56 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by in2pro
I found this after doing some reading on your terminating resistor for the GM LAN....

And another interesting link.... You can fix no communication problems for 2008 GM truck bus network protocol using a voltmeter

Good stuff! Thanks
Old September 7th, 2015, 3:29 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2008 Suburban and everytime i turn left or right these 2 lights turn on the traction control and abs lights i put the computer in it and it read that it was the sensor in front passenger side i switched it out put a new one and kept happening and then they said it was the wheel hub assembly so also switched that out and still has the same problem anyone know why it keeps happening?
Old October 17th, 2015, 1:11 AM
CF Beginner

Default 07 sierra

Hi everyone i have some questions and answers first is an answer i saw someone had that their cluster was dead but truck was running.. check all your brake lights,fog/headlights for water in the lense this will short your bcm out causing your issues. replace light with oem parts not aftermarket (they tend to leak) now for my question i got a 07 sierra with the abs service stab/traction issue replaced all 4 wheel speed sensors hooked it up to computer right rear wheel is all over the place so i assumed it was the tone ring/reluctor ring bought one from yukon gear & axle put it in.. Now i have no codes, lights still on and my right wheel speed sensor reading 0 all the time im assuming its the abs module witch is being replaced as soon as my new one gets here in a few days ill keep you posted and any suggestions are welcome!
Old January 5th, 2016, 11:35 AM
CF Beginner

Default My 07 suburban has the same symptoms

My 2007 subirban is also showing the same symptoms, stalibitrac service shows up brakes are weird and tranny shifts hard and i read your comment and i jave been lookong for the terminating resistor and i havent had luck, could you provide a picture please or a location of where it is at?

Originally Posted by Jimbo B
I fought this problem for months, door locks, stabilitrack, traction control, gauges going dead or acting erratic, brakes dragging and applying themsevles, and transmission shifting HARD. My 07 Tahoe stayed at the dealership for 3 1/2 months before they figured it out. Here is a list of items they replaced that did NOT help.

Body control module
powertrain control module
Transmission control module
they checked all the connnectors between the Hi and Low speed LAN circuits.
They went as far as telling me that my DVD player which came in the truck was causing the problem... I called bull**** on it. Told them I wanted a factory rep involved and hired a lawyer. The rep got some high paid techs involved and they ended up replacing a terminating resistor in the wiring harness (by the spare tire) and the negative battery cable. It has not done it now for about 6 months.
Old March 7th, 2016, 1:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilatrack

I have a 07 Suburban. I have been through this same issues as others with the codes and bells chiming. My dealership said it was the tp sensor and the yaw sensor which we replaced and the codes are still there. I have replaced the negative battery cable and about to replace the stoplight switch. I am so aggravated with this vehicle. I have an 04 Avalanche with more miles and only replaced wheel hub ,water pump and ac line. This suburban has been a lemon since we got not to mention the excessive oil consumption. I have wrote letters and spoke with the executive vp of Chevrolet and she advised me that there is nothing they can do even thought the dealerships said that there is a letter from Chevrolet sent to them telling them how to fix the problems but cost the owner out the tail pipe. I am about fed up with general motors period not fixing their problems and dragging us around. Somebody help us please with this Stabilitrack problem.
Old March 17th, 2016, 8:35 PM
CF Beginner

Default Perfect diagnosis

I had this same problem.

I also replaced my rear driver side shock and in the process inadvertently disconnected a plug near the shock tower just above the suspension compressor. When I turned the truck back on, the Stabilitrak and ABS light was gone.

Thanks for the honesty and help.

CB
Old June 28th, 2016, 7:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default Service Stabilitrack after installing new rear shocks

I installed new shocks on my 2009 Cheve Tahoe and the "Service Stabilitrack" and "ABS" warning lights and message came up on the display. I found that I had inadvertently disconnected a wire connector at the drivers side rear shock tower. I plugged it back in and both warning lights and message went away.
Old June 29th, 2016, 10:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Replaced terminator resistor (located by rear axle) and petal brake switch. No problem in two years. having researched this there are many issues that can cause the problem. It's like the Christmas tree lights string that are connected in series! Poorly designed wiring/sensor configuration. Sadly I don't think there's any one fix for this. Chevy needs to improve on their diagnostics to better pinpoint the problem. Good luck
Old September 17th, 2016, 10:04 PM
CF Beginner

2011 Silverado LT Crew 4x4 - I have the same problem - I rarely get the service stabilitrak, maybe once per year. I get the stabilitrak off, engine shutters, does a weird transmission shift randomly. Sometimes this comes with the air bag light along with other dash lights. It seems to only happen to me when I am slowing to a stop or taking off from a stop. It first happened around 20k miles. The chevy service dept just told me to disconnect the battery for at least 30 minutes and it seemed to clear up for a while. I now have 71k miles and the battery disconnect only seems to clear up for a week or so. Chevy service department has always said that they had never heard of this type problem and they would need the vehicle for at least a week to try and find the problem with a charge to look at it. It happened twice today. About two weeks ago I had a different chevy service dept check for codes, none showing up, and requested they update the software for just over a hundred dollars. Still no codes showing up and the problem has continued to get worse.

I have read through a multitude of fixes or things to try on this forum and other internet searches and don't know where to start. Any help before I spend a lot of money at the dealership service department would greatly be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Service Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS light, Help