Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS light, Help

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2012, 6:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default News?

Jimbo B, anything new on this. I hope you have a good solution by now. My 07 LTZ is doing the same thing.
Old April 30th, 2012, 3:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jwestley
Jimbo B, anything new on this. I hope you have a good solution by now. My 07 LTZ is doing the same thing.

Be sure that they change the terminating resistor in the wiring harness.( near the spare tire underneath the truck) and change the battery cables. that is what cured my problems.
Old June 30th, 2012, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Hey guys,
Not sure if this is going to apply to many/any of you, but, I recently changed my rear shock and had the same lights all come on. I searched exhaustedly online and found a whole bunch of useless solutions about reseting the codes by disconnecting the battery to replacing VSS (I didn't even bother with the last one). It seems nobody wants to post the error they made while working back there (or at least the one I did), above the shock tower on the back side where it is impossible to see, there is a connection that controls all of this and is very easy to unplug not so easy to plug.
Perhaps this is the issue you are having being intermittent and being effected by water and WD40, maybe it wouldn't hurt to clean these contacts, put some di-electric grease on them and re connect. could be a lot less trouble then having the dealership look at it endlessly.
Sorry to all if this is not the appropriate spot for this post, my internet is painfully slow (I live out in the sticks) but if someone else can fix it or place it where it needs to be I and probably others with this problem would appreciate it.
Good luck and thanks for the space and knowledge base!
The following users liked this post:
Cfford56 (January 11th, 2022)
Old July 1st, 2012, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

This is a good place and thanks for your info.
Old July 10th, 2012, 8:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2010 tahoe stabilitrak, locks cycle, guages quite, etc.

I signed up for this because it seems chev monitors it as i see reps responding. i'm having all the problems listed below on my 2010 tahoe for months. service stabilitrak light flashes then locks cycle followed by guages failing always happens at random times. Dealer has looked at it several times and after seeming to get it to work the problem comes back. They are looking at all modules as when we finally get a check engine light it calls out codes for all modules. most recently the dealer even tried unhooking the onstar in effort to fix. too many of us having these common problems. Has chev got any fix in the works? don't dare drive this truck any distance from from home as afraid will get stranded. real bummer. please help.
Old July 11th, 2012, 7:28 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by sjdokken
I signed up for this because it seems chev monitors it as i see reps responding. i'm having all the problems listed below on my 2010 tahoe for months. service stabilitrak light flashes then locks cycle followed by guages failing always happens at random times. Dealer has looked at it several times and after seeming to get it to work the problem comes back. They are looking at all modules as when we finally get a check engine light it calls out codes for all modules. most recently the dealer even tried unhooking the onstar in effort to fix. too many of us having these common problems. Has chev got any fix in the works? don't dare drive this truck any distance from from home as afraid will get stranded. real bummer. please help.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Have you contacted Customer Service regarding these issues? If so, would you please PM me and provide your Service Request number (SR#) for your case and the last 8-digits of your VIN, so I may look into this further?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old July 11th, 2012, 8:45 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds very similar to the problem I was having with my 07 Tahoe. after dealers changer a bunch of the control modules to no avail, the cure for mine was found to the the terminating resistor in the wiring LAN wiring harness and the resistance was too high in the battery cables. that would be the cheapest place to start. if the terminating resistor is bad it will cause codes for all the modules as they would be "confused" due to the bad resistor.
Old July 12th, 2012, 6:15 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Originally Posted by Jimbo B
It sounds very similar to the problem I was having with my 07 Tahoe. after dealers changer a bunch of the control modules to no avail, the cure for mine was found to the the terminating resistor in the wiring LAN wiring harness and the resistance was too high in the battery cables. that would be the cheapest place to start. if the terminating resistor is bad it will cause codes for all the modules as they would be "confused" due to the bad resistor.
Our 2007 Tahoe had the same problem and it comes and goes. I read on a thread to hose the back rim area so I did that and the lights and issues went away for now. Thank you for this site as it is very informative. Dave
Old July 25th, 2012, 1:41 PM
CF Beginner

Default Dealer chasing parts

Mine is at the dealer now. I tried to explain everything I've read in the above posts. They nodded and said "uh huh" I said that I hope we don't simply chase parts, reset codes, and pray.

They just called with an estimate. ABS Module, wheel speed sensor, throttle body module all need to be replaced, as well as a Evap canister. $2600.

I called BS and told them to hold off. Any recommendations?

Jeff

07 LTZ Suburban, stock except for K&N filter, 89k miles
Old July 26th, 2012, 7:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default Customer service contact?

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Have you contacted Customer Service regarding these issues? If so, would you please PM me and provide your Service Request number (SR#) for your case and the last 8-digits of your VIN, so I may look into this further?

Louis
GM Customer Service
How does one contact Customer Service? I PMed you, e-mailed you, and Facebook'ed you. No response. My dealer blindly chased parts just like I expected and replaced items without my consent. They know want $1400. What do I do?

Quick Reply: Service Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS light, Help