Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS light, Help

Old August 16th, 2012, 6:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our 2007 Tahoe is at the dealers right now for the same reason, and many others.

Service Traction Control - Service Stabilitrak and ABS light came on.
And engine oil low light comes on almost everytime we drive it.

Of course I check it all the time, so I know its a lie.
I just hope the stealer don't come back with a song and dance about all these parts needing replaced with just around 20K miles on it.
Its supposed to still be under warranty, "Major Guard".
I'd have to spank him like a baby.
Lee
Old August 17th, 2012, 3:03 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by staggerlee
Our 2007 Tahoe is at the dealers right now for the same reason, and many others.

Service Traction Control - Service Stabilitrak and ABS light came on.
And engine oil low light comes on almost everytime we drive it.

Of course I check it all the time, so I know its a lie.
I just hope the stealer don't come back with a song and dance about all these parts needing replaced with just around 20K miles on it.
Its supposed to still be under warranty, "Major Guard".
I'd have to spank him like a baby.
Lee
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> staggerlee,

Please keep us posted.

Please feel free to PM me if you have additional questions.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 5th, 2012, 1:28 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Ghetto Burb
Hey guys,
Not sure if this is going to apply to many/any of you, but, I recently changed my rear shock and had the same lights all come on. I searched exhaustedly online and found a whole bunch of useless solutions about reseting the codes by disconnecting the battery to replacing VSS (I didn't even bother with the last one). It seems nobody wants to post the error they made while working back there (or at least the one I did), above the shock tower on the back side where it is impossible to see, there is a connection that controls all of this and is very easy to unplug not so easy to plug.
Perhaps this is the issue you are having being intermittent and being effected by water and WD40, maybe it wouldn't hurt to clean these contacts, put some di-electric grease on them and re connect. could be a lot less trouble then having the dealership look at it endlessly.
Sorry to all if this is not the appropriate spot for this post, my internet is painfully slow (I live out in the sticks) but if someone else can fix it or place it where it needs to be I and probably others with this problem would appreciate it.
Good luck and thanks for the space and knowledge base!

I had this same problem.

I replaced my rear shocks with OEM re-manufactured Arnott shocks (great company) and in the process inadvertently disconnected a plug on the driver's side, inside frame, near the shock tower.

After reading this post I recalled that I disconnected a plug on the passenger side in the same area but noticed it and reconnected it. It gave me "service stabilitrak", "service autoride suspension", "tracking control off", ABS light was on, and maybe one other error.

After reconnecting all errors where gone.
Old December 6th, 2012, 9:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwhitesides
I had this same problem.

I replaced my rear shocks with OEM re-manufactured Arnott shocks (great company) and in the process inadvertently disconnected a plug on the driver's side, inside frame, near the shock tower.

After reading this post I recalled that I disconnected a plug on the passenger side in the same area but noticed it and reconnected it. It gave me "service stabilitrak", "service autoride suspension", "tracking control off", ABS light was on, and maybe one other error.

After reconnecting all errors where gone.
Are these different from the wheel speed sensor plugs?
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default stabilitrak service light - tahoe

Has anyone taken this intot he dealership and gotten feedback or had fixed what was causing the issue? I have a 2009 Tahoe with 50K and all of a sudden the StabiliTrak shut down, ABS light went on, and service stability control kept flashing where my odometer reading screen is. It's been cold and rainy here in NC but it's been much colder the past few months. I saw some of you had issues as it pertained to weather.

My Tahoe is at the dealership now and Im hoping if it's anything it's covered under my powertrain warranty. I'm just looking to get answers for any outcomes anyone has had regarding this. I'm a Mom and drive "smoothly" and take very good care of my vehicle, I don't race around, speed, or drivelike my Husband (who rarely drives my vehicle) so I don't undrstand what the heck the issue could be.

Thanks!
Old March 27th, 2013, 8:31 AM
CF Beginner

Default Service Stabiltrak, ABS, Traction control

Mine was not under warranty, but I had 90k miles. My vehicle's history:

Service Stabiltrak, ABS, Traction control lights came on. Dealer replaced a rear wheel speed sensor. Lights went off for about 500 miles, came on again. They then replaced the ABS module and the Throttle Position Sensor. Lights when off for about 2000 miles. It came on again last month. Tired of returning to the dealer I checked the code myself. It was saying my OTHER rear wheel speed sensor was bad. I was skeptical, but I found the part online, replaced it in 10 minutes in my driveway, and the lights went out when I started the car. After reading this forum (and others), I have heard that's its usually the front ones that go bad. I'll keep you posted and please do the same!
Old March 27th, 2013, 5:05 PM
CF Beginner

Default Issue potentially fixed! Fingers crossed

I know I'm late with my reply but for anyone still having this issues, I ran my 07 for codes and it showed that the wheel speed/abs sensor needed to be replaced. It's only been 2 days but the issue has not occurred again. So far so good. Btw, I got the part from autozone for 50 bucks...if anything changes, ill repost...hope this helps...
Old April 1st, 2013, 6:56 PM
CF Beginner

Default Just Started

Well, as others I joined because my 2007 Tahoe LTZ just started flashing the stabilitrak light and engine light. I was on the interstate (Dallas I30) and was determined not to stop (as if I could). I kept driving with the lights flashing, the motor missing, and within a hundred miles all went away. Today it did the same thing on the way home and I kept driving, maybe 30 miles, and all stopped again. Tomorrow I will start with the simplest, washing, and go from there.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 9:22 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by strkus
Well, as others I joined because my 2007 Tahoe LTZ just started flashing the stabilitrak light and engine light. I was on the interstate (Dallas I30) and was determined not to stop (as if I could). I kept driving with the lights flashing, the motor missing, and within a hundred miles all went away. Today it did the same thing on the way home and I kept driving, maybe 30 miles, and all stopped again. Tomorrow I will start with the simplest, washing, and go from there.
The motor was missing? Did that throw a code? If it was missing and that went away that doesn't sound related to the ABS/Wheel speed sensor. I know throttle position affects Stabilitrak as well.... maybe your TPS is going?
Old April 4th, 2013, 2:20 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jwestley
The motor was missing? Did that throw a code? If it was missing and that went away that doesn't sound related to the ABS/Wheel speed sensor. I know throttle position affects Stabilitrak as well.... maybe your TPS is going?
mine is doing the same thing is the tps easy to change

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Service Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS light, Help