Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS light, Help

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2015, 7:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow

Installed new neg batt cable, brake light switch

No improvement

Terminating resistor en route, just as well b/c cant get spare tire to lower at all. Seems to be kind of a problem with these trucks, among all the other issues im dealing with.

Honetly pretty disappointing, b/c i really love the way the truck looks, the way it drives, its space and relative economy (had expedition previously). Hopefully this resistor will be the solution.

Absent that, i guess im looking a wheel sensors. Any ideas if that doesnt work?
Old March 29th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I found this after doing some reading on your terminating resistor for the GM LAN....

And another interesting link.... http://www.automotivetroubleshooting..._protocol.html

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2010-10-25_175512_GMLAN.pdf (338.1 KB, 3884 views)
Old March 30th, 2015, 7:25 AM
CF Beginner

Default This worked for me.

It took a few trips to the dealer, but here's what worked for me:

Throttle Position sensor
Break switch (also fixed my cruise control issue)
Two wheel speed sensors (both were on the rear, both easy to replace)

The moment I put the second rear wheel speed sensor in, the warning lights went off.
Old March 30th, 2015, 7:40 AM
CF Beginner

Default many thanks

going to try the wheel speed sensors if the resistor doesn't do it
Old April 1st, 2015, 8:59 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by bw930
going to try the wheel speed sensors if the resistor doesn't do it
If you have not already, you should try cleaning the connections up first, it may just be corrosion that is causing the problem...
Old April 2nd, 2015, 10:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Also, look for shorts. Brake pedal can cause wear through constant rubbing of electrical lines under dash.
Old April 18th, 2015, 3:18 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by gjseamanjr
Also, look for shorts. Brake pedal can cause wear through constant rubbing of electrical lines under dash.
Thanks

Update, been at dealer for 2 weeks (!). Everyone courteous but still no resolution. This sucks. Will update as soon as I hear something.
Old May 30th, 2015, 7:22 PM
CF Beginner

I have had this issue....I just found a loose connection over my right rear shock. The Right rear ABS sensor connection was loose (on top of the frame inboard of the upper shock mount bolt). I had the shocks changed and then randomly the Service Stabilitrac and ABS lights turned on. This happened in the past and just went away on it's own, but this time the check engine light also can on a few day later. I got P0430 on my code scanner but that's a generic code. I also checked all my fuses first, to eliminate the easy things. Hope this helps someone.
Old August 15th, 2015, 12:52 PM
CF Beginner

Default Not Chevy but GMC Sierra

Not a Chevy but this thread seemed to have the most similarities, I bought a 07 Sierra Max with the 6.0 2 days after having it the "stabilitrak off" "traction control off" "service stabilitrak" "service traction control" came on, doors would lock and unlock with slight loss of power, then a month or so later, fighting these issues the check engine light came on as well, while at lower speeds when stabilitrak and traction control lights are on, it shifts hard, when at higher speeds lights shut off, truck runs normal, or seems to occasionally truck will display "check tire pressure" in all tires one will come, pressure is good, then few mins later, another tire appears. First vehicle I've bought on my own, just started a career in teaching, I'm young not a ton of cash laying around dealer is covering cost because it happened 3 days after I got the truck, which is good but I'm 350 miles from home where I bought it, cost me a week of work this summer, large amounts of gas, front end went out of alignment and chewed up front tires. If it matters there is a 2 inch lift leveling kit, as well as after market Fuel (brand) wheels. The dealership has replaced (starting small). Ground to battery, cam actuator, oil pump, and now BCM, called today and they said it happened once since BCM was replaced. Looking for help, they are doing their best I believe but seems like chasing a phantom, very frustrating.
Old August 16th, 2015, 9:43 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum...
Grounds... so much of the electronics depend on a solid ground.
The battery cable is a good place to start but the strap from the engine to body

Quick Reply: Service Traction Control - Stabilitrak and ABS light, Help