Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Several issues.

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2017, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Several issues.

So, the past day or so, I was driving I heard what sounded like scraping. My Tahoe started to pull me to to the left, and I lost brakes, but got them back.
I know I need to replace my ball joints, but what would cause my brakes to go then return? Also, the scraping "thud" noise? Could call joints cause loss of brakes? Maybe a missing bolt on the caliper? It's lifted about 8inches, so I go through ball joints a lot, but never this bad.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 5:57 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackTahoe99
So, the past day or so, I was driving I heard what sounded like scraping. My Tahoe started to pull me to to the left, and I lost brakes, but got them back.
I know I need to replace my ball joints, but what would cause my brakes to go then return? Also, the scraping "thud" noise? Could call joints cause loss of brakes? Maybe a missing bolt on the caliper? It's lifted about 8inches, so I go through ball joints a lot, but never this bad.
When you pull the rotor for ball joints, probably will see the rotor/pads need replaced.