Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

slow acceleration

Search this Thread

Old November 27th, 2015, 10:04 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slow acceleration

I have a 2004 Suburban that is quick to start and then after about 4-5 minutes into driving it boggs down and will not accelerate, even with gas pedal almost down to floorboard! It had been driving perfect until I ran gas really low about 2 days ago, I'm hoping maybe some trash from the fuel tank got in the filter or something?!?! Any ideas?
Old November 27th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I would suspect the fuel pump and you can verify by checking your fuel pressure with a gauge. You can pick one up at Harbor Freight or most auto parts stores.

Check the fuel pressure with the engine running, engine off, and the engine off with the key on. I think it should be in the range of about 40 to 60 psi. The system should retain pressure for a while after the engine is turned off.

For future reference it's not a good idea to run your tank below a quarter full. This is because the fuel pump is cooled by the fuel in the tank.