Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Speaker whine and buzz Bose system???

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2014, 4:37 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Acheronxxiv
I did reply to the "Jennifer w/ GM" never received any kind of response. Have to wonder if its a scam to get your VIN and other info.
Had the same thing happen to me. Completely worthless, never thought it might be spam.
Old November 21st, 2014, 1:01 AM
CF Beginner

same problem on my 2008 ltz suburban radio wines with rpms radio on or off stops sometimes until u use turn signal
Old November 21st, 2014, 11:01 AM
CF Beginner

Talking The rear radio is the problem.

After having spent many weeks over a couple of years trying to diagnose this noise problem, I finally paid to have the rear radio replaced after accessing the information on this site. Problem resolved. My service advisor and his supervisor at Weseloh Chevrolet were so convinced that the problem was something else, that this past April 1 I called him up and fooled him with a sighing complaint that the noise had returned. His exasperation was palpable; his relief when I corrected was hilarious!! I've not had a single moment's recurrence of the irritating whirring whine. It's inexcusable to me that a certified dealer would not research the issue in pursuit of a repair ... but then again, they are in the business of making money.
Old December 5th, 2014, 5:13 PM
mmm
CF Beginner

This is a one-time post to this forum, just to let others know what worked for me. The rear right speaker in my 03 Avalanche with Bose audio would whine constantly when the radio was on, and also whenever the chime sounded even if the radio was off. The only way I could listen to the radio was to turn on the rear unit, which disconnected the rear speakers. The dealer, as with other inquiries, was only interested in replacing something for an exorbitant price. I accepted this problem for years because I did not drive the truck much. Then one night I happened to remove the head unit, and what do you know, the smaller of the two connectors had fallen completely loose. Reconnected it and problem is solved, believe it or not. Not too surprised it was not fully seated at the factory, given the very short wiring harness. You have to remove the climate control panel and then have an anorexic person work their bony hand in there. Thanks, Gov't Motors.
Old January 25th, 2015, 3:15 PM
CF Beginner

I have been dealing with this wine for some time on my 2010 Suburban... It's coming only through the rear speakers, it doesn't matter if the truck is running or not and the pitch will change with throttle input much like an ignition wine.

If I reach around and turn the rear radio on, it'll cut the rear speakers from whatever is playing through the front and the wine will stop. If I turn the radio back off it'll stop for a while but it will eventually come back.

I've had the dealer look at it a few times, they can never find anything, if they even looked. The guy at the service counter said he doesn't even know if finding the issue is in the warranty (why'd I buy the extended warranty?)

I saw a few other here replaced the rear radio and it stopped? I have another issue with the rear radio, the rear video input doesn't work and I'm sure there's some relation here.
Old January 25th, 2015, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Is it a red or white wine? Seriously tho, it could be a bad ground. Is there any aftermarket equipment installed?
Old January 26th, 2015, 7:52 AM
CF Beginner

No aftermarket equipment... You're right it could be a bad ground but the dealer doesn't seem interested in finding it which means I'm going to be stuck doing this myself...
Old January 31st, 2015, 7:53 AM
CF Beginner

Default Whining noise in right side rear speaker

I have read through this entire thread, and I am experiencing a similar issue with a whining noise coming through my right rear speaker in my '07 Tahoe. The sound fluctuates with the vehicle RPMs. For those of you who had your rear audio unit replaced, do you have a ballpark $$ figure for the replacement?
Old February 1st, 2015, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ddawg1525
I have read through this entire thread, and I am experiencing a similar issue with a whining noise coming through my right rear speaker in my '07 Tahoe. The sound fluctuates with the vehicle RPMs. For those of you who had your rear audio unit replaced, do you have a ballpark $$ figure for the replacement?
Welcome to the forum...
I too have an 07 and my drivers side rear speaker with the Bose system just started doing the whine when I first start up in the morning, it seems to go away after a bit, it does it no matter radio off or on....

I initially thought it was poor battery connection as it went away after cleaning and initially only did it when the radio was on...

I still need to address mine but I plan to remove and reseat the radio and RSE controls prior to replacing anything...
Old February 4th, 2015, 4:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default hmmm recall?

2008 tahoe ltz. Same problem as everyone else. Whining with rpms. And so on and so forth. Just talked to a friend of mine who install stereo systems for a living and had been for years. Told me this is a very common. Problem and basically was about $1500 to fix properly. I was told the easiest root to take would be to replace those whole stereo he knew right were the problem occurs under the center console and has done this to multiple tahoe/suburbans already.

my question is clearly there is a problem why won't GM go good for it and fix it?

Quick Reply: Speaker whine and buzz Bose system???