Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Speed volume control

Old March 14th, 2007, 10:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed volume control

I have an 07 LTZ and the speed compensated volume control does not seem to work. I have it set to high and have followed the instructions for setting it per the owners manual. The volume does not increase when I put the windows down and I'm on the highway with a lot of road noise. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old March 14th, 2007, 12:11 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Speed volume control

I dont really notice a difference either. I figured it was just normal and the volume increase was so minimal that it wasnt a big deal. If there is someone out there that notices a drastic difference i would like to know about it. I have mine set to the highest setting as well, and always find myself changing the volume on my own while changing speeds and driving conditions.
Old March 14th, 2007, 12:53 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, I have changed mine several times per the manual and it does not work! Just did it again yesterday. Any other vehicle I have had with this feature you could certainly tell the difference.
Old March 14th, 2007, 12:58 PM
CF Junior Member

I did not know the volume was supposed to increase when you put the windows down! I notice a drastic diffrence when going from city to highway driving with the windows up. I have tried the volume set to high and its too much andon low it wasnot enough :<(.
With volume control on the steering wheel I have never really been inconvenienced either way.
Old March 14th, 2007, 1:03 PM
DEI
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've noticed a difference but I can't say it's a drastic difference. Mostly if I slow down quick or accelerate quick. Otherwise it's barely noticable compared to the last Tahoe.
Old March 14th, 2007, 3:18 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the feedback on this. It's interesting to hear others experiencing the same thing. I didn't really realize it was an issue until I had a Monte Carlo as a rental car a few months ago and the volume very noticeably changed with speed and noise increase. I have asked the dealer to check into it and they said everything appears fine. I would really like this feature if it worked as it should. I tend to just adjust the volume manually now.
Old March 14th, 2007, 11:57 PM
CF Veteran

I too believe it is SPEED compensated volume and will not be effected by windows or road noise per se.

Mine increases quite wellat speed.
Old March 15th, 2007, 9:27 AM
CF Active Member

The audio level appears to speed compensated only.I don't think there's a microphone to monitor cabin noise. I checked thisyesterday while driving home from work. I set the sensitivity to "High" in the menu and started out from 0 running it up to 80mph on the interstate. There appears to beramps in audio level at 15, 38, 48, 58, 68, and 78 although the ambient noisewas pretty loud in the cabin at that point. Opening and closing the windows and sunroof had no affect on the level. The ramps are very obvious with the sensitivity set to "High". Setting it to "Low" is much better for me.
Old March 15th, 2007, 11:25 AM
CF Active Member

My speed controlled volume does not appear to work. I installed my own Nav with a GM lockpik and I'm wondering if the lockpik might be interferring with this function in some capacity? I know for a fact my VSS signal is good to the head unit as NAV functions work great.

So, those that notice a difference in their speed controlled volume - are you running a GM lockpik?
Old March 15th, 2007, 11:45 AM
CF Addict

No lockpick, and no volume change!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speed volume control