Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

22'' Rims ?? Help

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2012, 2:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 22'' Rims ?? Help

I currently have 22" rims. Like the look and the size etc. I currently have Foose Spank 22". I would guess they are around 4-5 years old. I got them used, I needed tires and found them with a brand new set of tires cheaper than I could get just the tires for the stock 20'' for....So that brings me to now.

The Chrome on them sucks, pitting bad!! I want new rims but it has been very hard to find something that I really like and something that my wife half way cares about. She drives it so she needs to some what like them.

One thing she did say is she wants Chrome. I have to agree some what. Chrome is a little flashier than black. Black rims with the darker / maroon red that my tahoe is, seems to look dull. Great I have to keep polishing and keep them clean...Lucky me...

1. So my questions are with everyones experience, is all Chrome going to eventually pit with brake dust.

Some likes and dislikes.
1. like - Chrome or black / chrome look
2. Dislike - Lips. I hate lips. Would like something to the same effect as what I have now. (see pic)

So Lets see what All you guys out there have and something that may spark my interest..
Attached Thumbnails 22'' Rims ?? Help-new-image.jpg  

Last edited by christahoe07; April 3rd, 2012 at 2:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old April 3rd, 2012, 3:00 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Chrome requires less upkeep than clear coated polished aluminum or uncoated polished aluminum wheels. Brake dust will ruin any wheel if not removed.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 9:20 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Having the rims re-chromed is an option... a quick type to the ole Google search bar returned this little gem of a site...
I have never used nor do I endorse them but they seem to have a pretty detailed explanation of what they do... and if you like your rims its a way to keep them
California Chrome Wheel Inc. - Factory OEM Chrome Wheels and Rims for Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes, Lexus, BMW and more! - Chrome your rims at CalChrome!
Old April 4th, 2012, 5:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another option is to add vinyl to the wheels to match your paint. Thats what I did to mine. Most graphic design business' do it and its pretty cheap. My wheels were all chrome and the black vinyl only cost $130 for all four. Just a thought..
Old April 5th, 2012, 9:07 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Vinyl to the wheels? like stickers? do you have before / after pics? it may work, I just am curious to the durability... or it like a paint?

thanks