Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Suburban Radio Problems

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2014, 10:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suburban Radio Problems

I have a 2011 suburban with a radio that is going crazy. Sometimes it will just starts switching back and forth out of auxiliary input and fm. It seems to do it more in the summer. Sometimes it won't do it at all. It does it when nothing is plugged in to either the aux or USB . I'm out of warranty . Please help
Old August 19th, 2014, 7:42 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this a touchscreen model? If so, I would try cleaning the screen with a lint free soft cloth and some water, paying close attention to the corners of the screen. I would also remove the nav disc (I think all touchscreens are nav) and try cleaning and reinserting that disc as well.

When I first got my truck (used) the touchscreen wouldn't respond to presses properly or lagged the response and sometimes even just locked up. I did the above and the problems went away. I think the problems had more to do with the dirty disc than anything else, but at least I can use it now.

Not sure if the 2011's radio is the same as the 2007, but the advice is free.
Old August 19th, 2014, 8:16 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Agriffith03,

Sorry to hear this! I see that you are seeking the opinion of other forum members; however, we would be happy to get you in contact with your local dealership for a diagnosis if the concern should continue. You are welcome to send us a private message at any time with your name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and name of preferred dealership. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by Agriffith03
I have a 2011 suburban with a radio that is going crazy. Sometimes it will just starts switching back and forth out of auxiliary input and fm. It seems to do it more in the summer. Sometimes it won't do it at all. It does it when nothing is plugged in to either the aux or USB . I'm out of warranty . Please help
Old August 19th, 2014, 8:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is not a navi unit. Just a regular unit with cd/aux/usb and Bose speakers
Old August 20th, 2014, 8:11 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Agriffith03
It is not a navi unit. Just a regular unit with cd/aux/usb and Bose speakers
Well I want to say loose connections, however I don't think a loose connector would cause what your describing. Sounds more like a worn or sticky button. Has anything every been spilt on the unit, like coffee or soda?

If its internal to the radio its probably better to replace the unit completely than trying to fix yourself, unless your versed in such things..