Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Suburban Strange Gauge Behavior

Search this Thread

Old January 15th, 2011, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2007 Suburban Strange Gauge Behavior

My wife just told me her Suburban is possessed. She was sitting in a parking lot waiting for my daughter to get out of school. As she was sitting there she heard a small "pop" coming over the radio speakers every minute or so. The key was out of the ignition and radio was shut off. As she was trying to find out where the sound was coming from, she also noticed that the Speedometer and Tac gauges would occasionally fluctuate as well, but not in conjunction with the pop noise. The gauges both would move from the zero position to about 1/2 inch below the zero position. They would remain there for 30 seconds to a few minutes and then go back to the zero. She tried opening and closing the door, turning key on and off, etc. but the condition continued for at least 30 minutes.

When I got home I sat in the truck and saw the same thing even though the car had been sitting turned off in the driveway for at least 40 minutes. She had left the doors unlocked so I didn't press the remote unlock or any other buttons. The "pop" noise is not very loud but still very noticeable when sitting in a quiet car. Again, I saw this occurring for at least 10 minutes.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?
Old January 15th, 2011, 2:54 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...

honestly that sounds like a possible BCM problem, thou it might be worth checking the battery and alternator connections for tight fit, re-seating the fuses in the fuse panels may also be worth checking....
Old January 15th, 2011, 4:28 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take it to the dealer