Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

tahoe LS 4x4 2007 strange problem (door lock and clicking noise in dash)

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2010, 8:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tahoe LS 4x4 2007 strange problem (door lock and clicking noise in dash)

hello
first of all i would like to thank you for taking the time to read this thread, well i have 2007 Tahoe LS with around 60k miles on it, it works great and i love it!

lately i had a problem happens when i drive for fairly long distances in the city , suddenly i hear clicking in the dashboard ( the click u hear when u press on the brake padel to shift from P to N 'it unlocks the transmission to shift ") and the doors lock and unlock themselves and the DIC shows that i'm shifting quickly between D and P, it comes almost in a random timing it stops when i shift to P , when it spams sometimes the RPM goes a bit high , its like i shifted from D to N then goes back to D quickly , it happens whenever the transmission on D or N , its sort of funny to see the car going crazy , but it drives me crazy.

well if u ask me to go to the dealer,our dealer is a simply a thief , he is the only dealer in my country, for example i some sand entered the brake oil tank cause i didn't close cap on the brake oil tank well so it fell , well i got some problems in braking so i took it to the dealer who asked for 150 dollar to check it , after 2 days they called me saying that i got a problem in the brake system , but they don't know why ! so simply they said they will fix it by replacing the whole brake system for just 3000 dollars ! i asked them i payed 150 bucks for the check i should get the report at least , i ended up fixing it in one of the best garages for 170 bucks by replacing this tank .

i did check this problem in many garages most of them didn't know , one of them after plugging a device on my car he said its a short in the body and i have to keep the car in his garage so he make sure about the problem , i didnt trust him , my car works perfect in highways drives
im confused :S

Last edited by forsakin; August 9th, 2010 at 8:12 AM.
Old August 9th, 2010, 9:46 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the fourm...

I would suspect poor connection to the BMC or Body Control Module that I believe is located in/under the dash...