Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Tahoe & Suburban
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2010, 03:06 PM
CF Beginner

Exclamation Tansmission Swap, Need help!!!

I have a 99 Yukon and the trans has gone out. I lost 3rd and 4th. I could not find another trans for the right price. I have found about 12 4x4 blazers at a local junkyard. One of them has 40,000 miles on it. Pulling the transmission is no problem. I need someone to tell me am I correct in saying a blazer transmission will fit in the Yukon. If so then what years of blazers do I look for. The blazers range from 1995 on up. All of them are the rounded bodies. If someone can help That would be greatly appreciated. And if someone knows what other vehicles could a transmission come out of to fit my 99 yukon 4x4.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Attached Thumbnails
Tansmission Swap, Need help!!!-photo_120908_004-jpg  
Old 02-09-2010, 03:59 PM
CF Veteran
1990 Chevrolet Camaro

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=hp

tahoe, silverado, sierra. the blazer ones i THINK will do. they will bolt up no problem, but not sure if built the same internally. i believe your old one should be a 4L60E, same as what the blazers run. of course, if by chance i'm off, hopefully someone will step in and correct me.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:30 PM
CF Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxman04 View Post
tahoe, silverado, sierra. the blazer ones i THINK will do. they will bolt up no problem, but not sure if built the same internally. i believe your old one should be a 4L60E, same as what the blazers run. of course, if by chance i'm off, hopefully someone will step in and correct me.
Thanks For the reply. I hope for as much help as possible. I am stranded without my truck. My Caddy couldn't stand the cold and blew a head gasket. I'll junk that though.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:56 PM
CF Beginner

Any one know anything
Old 02-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

The junk yard should know.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDTAHOE View Post
It's a self pull junkyard. they don't help you to much. Only reason I aask is because on the other forum. Tahoefurum.com they said they were the same but I need a second opinion before I take that thing out of there. The blazer is a little more difficult than a Yukon or a tahoe. This truck is giving me some problems. Trans problems in the winter are the worst. Rebuilding just cost to much to do right now. $125 with a 20 dollar core is cheap when I will take it to a scrap yard for $60 bucks and end up paying $105. As long as it fits the truck I'll take the chance of it being good.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:18 PM
CF Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDTAHOE View Post
Bueatiful truck to!!! Wish I could afford one of those.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:55 PM
CF Beginner

Okay to keep people informed. I search and searched last night online for hours, and couldn't find anyone that had done the same thing. I went on www.gmparts.com and searched for the part number but they had different part numbers. I went to the junk yard today and they had a 2002 Chevy blazer 4x4. They transmissions are indentical except the housing that bolts between the transmission and the Transfer case is different. I just took the one of mine and put it in the new trans and now it is an exact match.

In conclusion a 2002 blazer trans will fit a 99 Yukon with no problem.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:55 PM

Tags
2002, 4l60e, 92, 95, 99, astro, blazer, bolt, case, junkyard, match, mtyler7807, silverado, swap, tahoe, transfer, transmission, work, yukon