Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:21 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

FOR THEM WHO WANTS TO DISABLE THERE DRL

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2013, 1:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha, I had my ’97 Suburban for a bit over a year now and never figured out how to shut them off, or even if I could. I guess I could have looked in the owner’s manual, but too lazy or just kept forgetting.

Thankfully I read this thread, and found that my emergency brake cuts those lights out. I used them a couple times, but I guess I wasn’t in a position to notice.

I wouldn’t mind total control, but I’ll settle for this right now.

Thanks.
Old February 20th, 2015, 6:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wipers on when raining

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
in PA and FL (and maybe others) you MUST turn your headlights on when operating your wipers... (ie it's raining)...

so many time's it's so hard to see grey / dark cars in pouring rain, even in daylight.... I wonder if I hit them without lights on (them) if it's there fault I couldn't see them... or if a % of the accident would be their fault...?
Illinois is another state that requires headlights whenever wipers are required.
Old February 20th, 2015, 8:04 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Most states have headlights on when raining laws now. FWIW, a lot of late model vehicles turn the headlights on after the prescribed number of wipes of the wipers. It takes nine wipes on my Tahoe to turn the headlights on.
Old June 25th, 2020, 7:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Can someone just tell me how to bypass the DRL on 01 Chevy Tahoe

Originally Posted by DPLarson
I just lost a bunch of my typing so now I am mad and will be quick. Every DRL discussion in every forum turns into, OMG, why would you do that. I say, why would Joe buy a truck and John buys a car, different strokes you know. For some, maybe looks, for others, maybe they don't need a car deciding when lights should be on or off, for others, maybe they can think for themselves and don't need a law to tell them to wear a helmet or turn lights on in poor visibility, whatever, some like them some don't. If you don't want a seat belt chime, I can help with that without asking why you don't want to wear a seatbelt. Maybe you wear a seatbelt and don't need a chime reminding you all the time to buckle up. I have disabled some, not because I don't buckle up but because in a few of my past rides, the chime was obnoxious. I have also disabled DRLs in several vehicles, most were Chevys. Some by removing modules, some with wiring to trick the BCM, others more primitive means like modifying the base of the DRL bulbs in cars without warnings for burned out bulbs. If someone asks me how to do it I'll just answer without trying to be a lawyer / safety expert / preecher.

Can someone just tell me how to bypass the daytime running light on a 2001 Chevy Tahoe to wire in the spider H ID halo projectors please and thank you and I already killed my seatbelt chime when I bypass the factory amp to install my aftermarket stereo and amplifier Which is our rockford Fosgate and sounds amazing except for the jl audio amp