Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:18 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

throttle position sensor

Old January 12th, 2012, 1:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle position sensor

i have to replace my throttle position sensor. havent called the dealer yet to see if covered under the 100000 mile warranty. but if its not anyone know roughly the cost. its 07 lt3 tahoe
Old January 12th, 2012, 4:30 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> The terms of the Powertrain Warranty are available at: Chevy Warranty Information | Owners | Chevrolet

The cost of replacing a throttle position sensor varies from location to location, dealer to dealer.

Best of luck!

If you have additional questions, feel free to PM me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 18th, 2012, 7:50 AM
CF Beginner

i took my tahoe in to the dealer for the tps and it turns out that it was just dirty so i got charged 100 bucks just for that then it was another 200 to get it cleaned. according to the dealer itss not coverd under warranty it a maintenance issue. this 100000 warranty sucks it seem like they find a way not to honor it. oh well never had these issues with foerign cars like mits. but i still love my tahoe
Old January 18th, 2012, 12:25 PM
CF Beginner

can anyone here tell me if i can get the stock indash monitor in the front to continue playn movies while im driving. any suggestions cus i dont want go aftermarket.
Old January 18th, 2012, 6:44 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

First, for about a $10 spray can of cleaner, you could have saved $300. Why did you think the TPS needed replacing in the first place?

Second, the only thing I've seen to allow viewing in motion, is called a Lockpick.
Old January 18th, 2012, 7:44 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

100,000 mile warranty is for the powertrain it is not bumper to bumper. The powertrain is the engine, transmission, transfer case and differentials. Not any items bolted or attached to those items. If you engine or trans blew up they would replace them under that warranty.

Chevy Warranty Information | Owners | Chevrolet
Old January 18th, 2012, 8:49 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by henz30
i have to replace my throttle position sensor. havent called the dealer yet to see if covered under the 100000 mile warranty. but if its not anyone know roughly the cost. its 07 lt3 tahoe

OP: What was your truck doing that made you think or that you were told that you needed to have the TPS replaced if you dont mind me asking/

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum.

First, for about a $10 spray can of cleaner, you could have saved $300.
What spray are you talking about? engine cleaner?
Old January 19th, 2012, 4:12 AM
CF Beginner

hey thanks guys for the comments and suggestions. @73shark my truck wasnt doing anything my engine light came on so i got it read and it said throttle position sensor with the code. a lockpick cool ill look that up.
Old January 19th, 2012, 7:33 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 000

What spray are you talking about? engine cleaner?
Spray carb cleaner.
Old January 19th, 2012, 7:37 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by henz30
hey thanks guys for the comments and suggestions. @73shark my truck wasnt doing anything my engine light came on so i got it read and it said throttle position sensor with the code. a lockpick cool ill look that up.

For future reference, the DTC merely suggests a possible area to start troubleshooting. You really need the FSM which has detailed fault trees for complete diagnosis of a DTC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: throttle position sensor