Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

TPS Disable???

Search this Thread

Old February 10th, 2010, 8:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPS Disable???

Is there any way to disable the TPS sensor so the light is not always on? I have aftermarket wheels and could not get the TPS sensors to work and instead of messing with it I owuld rather just shut them off.
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:28 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by suitedandbooted
Is there any way to disable the TPS sensor so the light is not always on? I have aftermarket wheels and could not get the TPS sensors to work and instead of messing with it I owuld rather just shut them off.
The general consensus I have seen is that is impossible to disable the system because it is federally mandated. However, you could pull your dash apart and either remove the light or black out the TPMS sensor indicator from the back so that you could not see it.

I have stock wheels on my truck and on my wife's Subaru. Both TPMS systems still drive me crazy in the winter because of the temperature related tire pressure variations.
Old February 10th, 2010, 7:52 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you do a search, i believe that one member got a small tire and rim like for a riding lawnmower had 3 extra holes drilled in the rim, and had all four of his factory sensors mounted in there and put the small tire under the spare.

I think that you can order a different type of TPMS or grommet and mount it in the aftermarket rim if the factory ones don't fit. You can also look up TPMS mounting bands that will allow you to mount your sensors in the rim itself. hope this helps
Old February 11th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Why not just put the TPMS sensors in a Ziploc bag and throw it in the back?