Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Traction Control malfunction

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2017, 3:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Control malfunction

2013 Impala traction control was shut off when snow and ice off the roads. However the next day while sitting at stop light and starting off on a green light with sudden acceleration, and turning left, the traction control came on and almost stopped me dead in the intersection. Not good. Potential for an accident big time! It has done it several other times since then today while accelerating from dead stops and turning. I have shut off the traction control again today. I will check to see if its on again tomorrow. It has been suggested that I may have to pull the fuse to keep it from coming on when it is not supposed to be. There is a definite danger of this causing a collision when you are trying to accelerate to get out of an intersection quickly or avoid a possible collision in any situation. I have owned several Impalas and never had this problem before.
Old March 1st, 2017, 4:01 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by PJame
2013 Impala traction control was shut off when snow and ice off the roads. However the next day while sitting at stop light and starting off on a green light with sudden acceleration, and turning left, the traction control came on and almost stopped me dead in the intersection. Not good. Potential for an accident big time! It has done it several other times since then today while accelerating from dead stops and turning. I have shut off the traction control again today. I will check to see if its on again tomorrow. It has been suggested that I may have to pull the fuse to keep it from coming on when it is not supposed to be. There is a definite danger of this causing a collision when you are trying to accelerate to get out of an intersection quickly or avoid a possible collision in any situation. I have owned several Impalas and never had this problem before.
Hello PJame,

Our team regrets to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your Impala. Rest assured that customer satisfaction is our priority, and we want you to feel secure in your vehicle.
We’d be glad to check for any open recalls associated with your vehicle that may relate to your concern. Additionally, we can also help connect you with your local certified Chevrolet dealership to have them check out your concerns as well.
At your earliest convenience, please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and the Chevrolet dealership you were working with.
To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | GM.com

Looking forward to working with you!

Best,
Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 1st, 2017, 8:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the system will only disable until the car is shut off. the next start up it will be enabled.

the system works fine. there is a reason abs, stability control is mandated by the government on all new cars. your all season tires are probably junk. put a winter tire on you car.
Old December 16th, 2020, 7:45 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same BS

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello PJame,

Our team regrets to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your Impala. Rest assured that customer satisfaction is our priority, and we want you to feel secure in your vehicle.
We’d be glad to check for any open recalls associated with your vehicle that may relate to your concern. Additionally, we can also help connect you with your local certified Chevrolet dealership to have them check out your concerns as well.
At your earliest convenience, please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and the Chevrolet dealership you were working with.
To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | GM.com

Best,
Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I went to Dealer here in miami & was told NO on Recall to this Issue also
according to Expert Mechanucs it a 15 dollar cable to the Hubs that goes bad ? Dealer wants 200 bucks just to Diagnose,? Recall or Not?
Old January 7th, 2021, 8:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default Replace cable

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello PJame,

Best,
Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
cable
Dont waste your money buy the cable for the left side Hub and Done .
Nothing else to replace,just gad it Done at a local mechanic 15 dollar cable from Ebay 75 dollar install.
Old July 19th, 2021, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default How do I find out if my silverado has a recall?

Where do I go to or how do I get in touch withGM to find out if my truck has a recall?
Old July 19th, 2021, 8:48 PM
Super Moderator

phone any dealer and provide your vin
Old July 20th, 2021, 6:35 AM
CF Beginner

Default Replace cables easy fix

Originally Posted by PJame
Buy cables on ebay about 35 bucks have them replaced by any mechanic.
No RECALL FROM GM
Old July 20th, 2021, 9:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jrb Britt
Buy cables on ebay about 35 bucks have them replaced by any mechanic.
No RECALL FROM GM
maybe he should get the codes read first. the op is posting stability control problems with no mention of abs light on. the cost of 4 cables plus the labour to install and t hen to not correct the problem.
Old July 22nd, 2021, 7:09 AM
CF Beginner

Default Dont

Originally Posted by tech2
maybe he should get the codes read first. the op is posting stability control problems with no mention of abs light on. the cost of 4 cables plus the labour to install and t hen to not correct the problem.
waste of time and money ,Just Buy the cables I did it it worked I saved a ton of money including the 195.00 Dealer diagnostic fee !

Quick Reply: Traction Control malfunction