Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

remote close windows?

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2015, 11:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote close windows?

I have 2015 Suburban LTZ.

This evening we are at the lake, and I'd left the windows open for the car to cool off. But out came the bugs, and I wanted to shut the windows remotely.

When I hold the 'LOCK' button on my remote key fob, the mirrors fold in, but the windows don't close.

Can you tell me if there's a way that I can remotely close the windows on my Suburban?

Thanks!
Old June 28th, 2015, 12:14 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Can't on my 2010 but maybe the new design has that feature. Have you checked the owner's manual?
Old June 28th, 2015, 1:02 AM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Wonder if that would be a safety liability issue for windows to go up unsupervised?
Old June 30th, 2015, 1:50 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TurnTable
I have 2015 Suburban LTZ.

This evening we are at the lake, and I'd left the windows open for the car to cool off. But out came the bugs, and I wanted to shut the windows remotely.

When I hold the 'LOCK' button on my remote key fob, the mirrors fold in, but the windows don't close.

Can you tell me if there's a way that I can remotely close the windows on my Suburban?

Thanks!
Hi TurnTable,

We apologize for any inconvenience. I did take a look in the owner's manual and found some additional information.

The following vehicle accessories can be used for up to 10 minutes after the engine is turned off:

Audio System
Power Windows
Onstar
Sunroof (if equipped)
Accessory Power Outlets.

These features work when the key is in the On/Run or ACC. Once the key is turn from On/Run to Lock/Off, the windows and sunroof continue to work up to 10 minutes until any door is opened.

You can operate the mirrors with your remote per Vehicle Personalization settings in the vehicle, but the power windows are not controlled with the Remote. I hope this clarifies, but let us know if you have additional questions.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care