Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control in 2010 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2010, 4:31 AM
ldr
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control in 2010 Tahoe

Hey,

I recently got the 2010 Tahoe Z71. It has the Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control (Front driver, Front passenger and first back row).

In the brochure it shows that there are three temperature indicators (see attached). Unfortunately in my Tahoe it shows only two (Front driver, Front passenger). I always need to lean back to see the console for the back seats in order to see the temperature set for the rear seats.

I just want to understand if it is supposed to be like that in the Tahoe or if this is a fault or it may be a feature for the Suburban.

Lars
Attached Thumbnails Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control in 2010 Tahoe-1.jpg  
Old August 22nd, 2010, 9:21 PM
CF Active Member

Default hmm

am not sure, but thinking, that if you turn on AUX, that allow you to regulate temperature from front AC unit. If you turn on back AC unit, i believe, at that point you have to set up AC values from back.
I'm not sure. Ill try 2mrow
Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:34 AM
ldr
CF Junior Member

But the thing is that no matter which setting I am in, there is never a third temperature shown for the back seats. I attached some more pics which I took from inside my car this morning.
Attached Thumbnails Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control in 2010 Tahoe-img00043-20100823-0905.jpg   Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control in 2010 Tahoe-img00044-20100823-0905.jpg   Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control in 2010 Tahoe-img00045-20100823-0905.jpg  
Old August 23rd, 2010, 7:37 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when you push the AUX button the back unit will turn on and mimic the front unit - fan speed, temperature, fan direction.
if you want the temp or anything else in the back to be different than the front settings you have to adjust that from the back controls.
have fun with the new truck!
Old August 23rd, 2010, 7:52 AM
ldr
CF Junior Member

Yeah that's what I do currently (or the passengers on the back seat for that matter) but I was just wondering because in the brochure it shows a third temperature setting in the front.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 7:54 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lol

wow, really? You guys are all way off.

Yes the Tahoe is tri-zone. I have an '09 LTZ.

the front screen will only ever display the front 2 zones.

The rear zone is displayed on the rear of the center console.

To turn the rear on/off from the front you press "Rear" on the HVAC controls from the front.

Pressing anything on the rear zone buttons will turn the 'rear' on as well.

it will NEVER show you the rear setting in the front of the truck. I do not suggest looking while driving.

If someone is back their they can adjust it. You can turn it on from the front. It should mimic the front's settings (I am not sure which, but I assume driver).

Just leave the rear on and set to whatever you want and it will stay that way, even if your not looking at it!

Wow I just saw that 3rd 'temp' positioned above the other two.

Just more GM bull $hit lying in their ads to get you to believe the car can do things it can't.

Like bluetooth working correctly with my iphone 3GS (it says it can, but the incoming caller ID NEVER works). Or the sat nav working with voice commands... never worked. GM tried 6-8 or so times w/the Sat Nav. I filed w/the BBB and got a $940 check...

I'm filing w/the BBB about my bluetooth today. Let's go for another $940.00 Because they are too stupid to get anything to work...

they should just advertise... nothing. Just nothing. then they would have nothing to live up to... lol.
Where did you get this ad? is it 2010 specific? Can you photograph the rest of it?

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; August 23rd, 2010 at 7:57 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 8:25 AM
ldr
CF Junior Member

Just uploaded the 2009 Brochure:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1MP5LCGE
Old August 23rd, 2010, 8:56 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Brochue

Well, the Brochure shows an LTZ suburban without tinted windows and on LS rims...

it also says 'we are not responsible for our own stupidity in the creation of this document' on the front page...

The red Tahoe on page 4 is an '07 model, as you can tell from the rear bumper / hitch area vs the '09.

Page 5 the rear speakers are different than my '09 (I like the 09 more)

Page 7 shows the '3' temperatures on the HVAC system.

Page 15 same thing

My guess is that's the REAL inside temp... ie you set it to '74' but it's really '75'... like your home has 2... one you set, and one for what it currently is.

My guess is they planned for that 'feature' then dropped it before it became real.

Keep in mind, NONE of these photos are REAL. they all look CGI/Photoshop to me.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 9:46 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what part of what I said was wrong wrong here? that is exactly how it works in my 07 so slow down Sabr
mine says AUX where the new ones say REAR but the same thing. Mine does not have the 3rd temp option like the 1st picture
Old August 23rd, 2010, 9:28 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Page 7 & 15 also show the heated washer fluid button.

Quick Reply: Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control in 2010 Tahoe