Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

TSB (fix) for poor windshield washer spray pattern

Old February 3rd, 2007, 1:08 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TSB (fix) for poor windshield washer spray pattern

Document ID# 1893900
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - 2WD
[hr] [align=left] Subject: Windshield Washers Not Spraying Properly (Install Foam Washer) #07-08-43-002 - (01/31/2007)[/align] [align=left] Models: 2007 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT[/align] [align=left]
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe[/align] [align=left]
2007 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL Denali[/align]
[hr] Condition Some customers may comment that the windshield washers do not spray properly. Cause The washer hose may have become damaged under the wiper arm. Correction Install a foam shield on the pivot shaft. [ol]Remove the wiper arm finish cap. Remove the wiper arm nut. Using the J39637 - Wiper Arm Removal Tool, remove the arms and lay to the side. Install the foam shield onto the pivot shaft and tuck it under the cowl inlet panel. Install the wiper arms. Tighten
Tighten the nut to 35N·m (26lbft) while holding the wiper arm to the vertical black bar target mark located at the lower portion of the windshield. Install the wiper arm finish caps. [/ol] Parts Information Part Number Description Qty 25816571 Foam 1 Per Package Warranty Information For vehicles repaired under warranty, use: Labor Operation Description Labor Time B1784 Arm, Wiper- Windshield (One Or Both) - Replace 0.4hr GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION
© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
[hr] Document ID# 1893900
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - 2WD
Old February 3rd, 2007, 1:11 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: TSB (fix) for poor windshield washer spray pattern

Thanks ZX, I hope that's the fix for me. I'm dropping it off on Tuesday for Inspection etc. I'll let everyone know if it does the trick.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 1:40 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ZX you are the man. There was a post here a few weeks ago requesting this exact solution. Glad you are here.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 3:12 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

I'm curious as to what the correct spray pattern is. Mine puts two streams on, one about 1/4 of the way up and the other about 1/2 way up. That leaves the outer part of the sweep dry unless you really use a lot of fluid.

Does this seem correct?
Old February 3rd, 2007, 3:56 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree with shark. I do not get any juice on all parts of my windshield, but I dont think it is an issue. That is just the design isnt it?
Old February 3rd, 2007, 7:26 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 73shark

I'm curious as to what the correct spray pattern is. Mine puts two streams on, one about 1/4 of the way up and the other about 1/2 way up. That leaves the outer part of the sweep dry unless you really use a lot of fluid.

Does this seem correct?
Yeah, my post regarding this a few weeks back was for an ineffective spray pattern. I don't think anything is broken but like 73shark, my pattern sprays too low. Really wondering if this will fix this condition. Thanks
Old February 3rd, 2007, 8:38 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

I don't think our spray pattern is caused by a damaged hose because it squirts out like a fire hose. Really goes thru the fluid. Just wish it got a little higher on the windshield. I do prefer the wet arm system over a fixed nozzle. Pretty much insensitive to speed.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 10:34 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If your washer(s) does not provide a stream of solution that fully cleans the area of blade/windshield contact then this is the fix.

If the fluid sprays hard but does not hit the right spot this still may solve the problem.