Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Turn signal issue '02 Tahoe

Old January 19th, 2008, 1:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal issue '02 Tahoe

Last week I started to have a problem with the turn signal in my 2002 Tahoe Z71. All of the lights would flash rapidly, and the side I was activating would burn the brightest. The rear Cyclops light also flashed. Immediately I replaced the flasher under the dash, that didn't work. Armed with a lot of information, I decided to order a new turn signal and install it. THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER!! After some addition trouble shooting, I discovered that the problem ONLY happens when the parking lights (or headlights) are on. That is even weirder!! I have removed EVERY relay and fuse related to those lights. It doesn't fix it. Although... when I removed the fuses for the front parking lights, the problem slowed and seemed better. Then I removed the rear parking lights, that ALMOST made it stop, but there was still a faint flashing of the other turn signal flashers on the opposite side. PLEASE HELP!!!
Old March 18th, 2008, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turn signal issue '02 Tahoe

you have a wire that is grounded out causing the lights to flash.