Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Unsafe Delay from 0mph when floored (TM?).....

Search this Thread

Old November 18th, 2015, 2:06 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unsafe Delay from 0mph when floored (TM?).....

2007 Suburban LTZ, 115k.. runs excellent.

I usually don't punch the pedal too often but I am getting tired of the delay especially when jumping into fast moving traffic. Reading some of the posts, I see many of you pointing the finger at the Torque Management.

So, my first question... does anyone know of a reputable shop within an hour of the New Haven CT area that does tuning??? I have no interest in buying a software gadget for $400 to do this tune.
Second question... Is there a device that can do the TM tune at a reasonable cost?
Third question... turning off the traction control.. will that help with the throttle response to the wheels?

thanks,

Ron
Old November 18th, 2015, 3:08 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the same issue with my 07 Tahoe. So I purchased a Sprint Booster module. It basically makes the accelerator pedal more sensitive. I love it, and has worked great for me until recently, its been giving me a CEL, and I would clean the contacts on it, and it will work fine for a month then give a CEL again. The CEL is for the angle sensor built into the gas pedal. I've had it for about 6 years now, and I love it. But I don't want to spend another $300 to replace my intermittently working sprint booster module. lol! I've never dealt with the hand held tuners or any external tuner. But I've heard good things about Black Bear tuning (sp?) Good luck!
Old November 21st, 2015, 12:04 AM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

BlackBear Performance can do it.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 9:14 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

If you feather your acceleration you should still get all the power you need has been my experience...
Old November 25th, 2015, 10:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"feathering" will be something hard to re-learn when i was born with the innate response to punch it to the floor since birth, but its definitely an option, thanks.

Black Bear sounds pretty cool but their schedule is no where near the northeast for the next few months..... I guess they don't like the cold.

A "Traveling Tune Shop", great idea!!!
Old November 26th, 2015, 7:39 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Blackbear has other options than on-site tuning. Or at least they used to.