Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Update on recall

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2007, 1:29 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Update on recall

Guys, sorry I dont have better info. The dealer techs are a bunch of idiots. I ask what was the recall(07007) for. They said that it was a fix for the computer staying on after the car was shut down for a long time. I explained that when people listen to the radio while the car is off it was causing the battery to drain as well. They then said, well the computer was reprogramed to fix all that. In other words they dont know crap.. Sorry!!! I also had them check my ABS sensors because some times while I'm turning it causes the ABS to kick in. They said it was caused by the bigger tires and lowering kit. Ill accept that.
Old February 15th, 2007, 5:50 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Update on recall

[align=center] Document ID# 1904142
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - 4WD
[/align] [hr] [/align] Subject: Service Update for Inventory and Customer Vehicles-Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Inoperative and Battery Rundown-Expires with Base Warranty #07007B - (02/13/2007) Models: 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Equinox, Suburban, Tahoe Purpose This bulletin provides a service procedure for reprogramming the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) and the remote keyless entry transmitter (FOB) on certain 2006-2007 Buick Lucerne; 2006-2007 Cadillac DTS; 2007 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, SRX; 2006-2007 Chevrolet Impala, Monte Carlo; 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Equinox, Suburban, Tahoe; 2007 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL; and 2007 Pontiac Torrent vehicles. On these vehicles, the RKE may become inoperative. Also, for the 2007 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT; Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe; and GMC Yukon, Yukon XL vehicles (GMT900 Utility) only, this bulletin provides a service procedure for reprogramming the body control module (BCM). On these vehicles, and under certain conditions such as operating the radio with the engine off, the battery can become discharged, preventing engine start-up. This service procedure should be completed as soon as possible on involved vehicles currently in dealer inventory and customer vehicles that return to the dealer for any type of service during the New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage period. Vehicles Involved A list of involved vehicles currently in dealer inventory is attached to the Administrative Message (US) or Dealer Communication (Canada) used to release this bulletin. Customer vehicles that return for service, for any reason, and are still covered under the vehicle's base warranty, and are within the VIN breakpoints provided below, should be checked for vehicle eligibility in the appropriate system listed below. Year Division Model From Through 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe 7J177482 7J270240 7R205597 7R297218 Important:Dealers are to confirm vehicle eligibility prior to beginning repairs by using GMVIS. Not all vehicles within the above breakpoints may be involved. Service Procedure Important:Technicians may experience slow performance using the TIS2 web application when reprogramming the vehicle to correct the condition. Technicans may notice the slower application performance from mid-morning until late afternoon. To assist in improving performance and reduce programming time, it is recommended to complete the bulletin procedure on customer vehicles first. Vehicles in inventory should be programmed during off peak hours if slow performance is experienced. Important:This bulletin contains two reprogramming procedures, 1) reprogramming of the BCM, and 2) reprogramming of the RCDLR. Not all vehicles require reprogramming of both. • The Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT; Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe; and GMC Yukon and Yukon XL vehicles require the BCM and RCDLR reprogramming. • The Buick Lucerne; Cadillac DTS; Chevrolet Impala, Monte Carlo; Chevrolet Equinox; and Pontiac Torrent require only the RCDLR reprogramming - DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPROGRAM THE BCM ON THESE VEHICLES. Body Control Module Reprogramming - For Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT; Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe; and GMC Yukon, Yukon XL ONLY: Important:The calibration numbers required for this service procedure are programmed into control modules via a Techline Tech 2® scan tool and the Techline Information System (TIS) terminal with the calibration update. Use TIS 2 Web version 2.0 for 2007 (available on 02/04/07) and on TIS DVD version 2.0/2007 or later, that was mailed to dealers on 02/14/2007. If you cannot access the calibration, call the Techline Customer Support Center at 1-800-828-6860 (English) or 1-800-503-3222 (French) and it will be provided. Notice:Before reprogramming, please check the battery condition to prevent a reprogramming error of any of the modules due to battery discharge. Battery voltage must be between 12 and 16 volts during reprogramming. If the vehicle battery is not fully charged, use jumper cables from an additional battery. Be sure to turn off or disable any system that may put a load on the battery, such as automatic headlamps, daytime running lights, interior lights, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system, radio, engine cooling fan, etc. A programming failure or control module damage may occur if battery voltage guidelines are not observed. The ignition switch must be in the proper position. The Tech 2® prompts you to turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF. DO NOT change the position of the ignition switch during the programming procedure, unless instructed to do so. Make certain all tool connections are secure, including the following components and circuits: • The RS-232 communication cable port • The connection at the data link connector (DLC) • The voltage supply circuits DO NOT disturb the tool harnesses while programming. If an interruption occurs during the programming procedure, programming failure or control module damage may occur. DO NOT turn OFF the ignition if the programming procedure is interrupted or unsuccessful. Ensure that all control module and DLC connections are secure and the TIS terminal operating software is up to date. Tech 2 Pass-Thru Method for the Body Control Module (BCM) Verify that there is a battery charge of 12 to 16 volts. The battery must be able to maintain a charge during programming. Use an additional jump battery if necessary. [/ol] • If the vehicle will not start, test and charge the battery. Refer to SI for battery testing and charging information, if required.
[/ol] • If the battery will not hold a charge, replace the battery. Do NOT replace the battery unless it can’t be charged or a leak and/or physical damage is present. Connect the Tech 2 to the vehicle and the TIS terminal. Turn the ignition to the ON position with the engine OFF. After all warning chimes inside the vehicle have stopped, turn on the Tech 2. On the TIS terminal go into SPS Programming. Select Pass Thru programming. Follow instruction on the TIS terminal. When you get to the Supported Controllers screen. [/ol] 7.1.&
Old February 15th, 2007, 7:24 PM
CF Senior Member

Not to sound ignorant (though I am)... how can I my Tahoe is included... I'm not understanding that year division thing.
Old February 15th, 2007, 7:27 PM
CF Addict

It didn't format properly after I pasted it sorry.

If the last 8 digits of your VIN # is beween 7J177482 and 7J270240 or between 7R205597 and 7R297218 then you may need to have your vehicle's BCM reprogrammed, if your VIN# is not within those then yours is not effected.
Old February 15th, 2007, 7:55 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ZX, how can my vehicle not be subject? If you recall,I had 5 trips to the dealer between Jan 19-April of 2006 for the rundown problem. My vin is7r103682 and I am not included.!?!? If they updated the BCM program how does a Jan 2006 build not need the update?

MyGMlink also listed me as needing the 7007 recall.

Just curious 'cause I'm headed in for service next week anyhow. I want to get all this stuff done at once.
Old February 15th, 2007, 7:56 PM
CF Senior Member

So if I am reading this correctly, my VPN which ends in 7J122842 is technically included in the recall. Is there a way to confirm this without my having to waste time at the dealership??
Old February 15th, 2007, 8:21 PM
CF Addict

tahoe07,
Keep in mind that the software that was programmed into the effected units was faulty, that software revision has been completely pulled from the databanks, previous and/or past BCM's were not programmed with this software, also the early production BCM’s are physically different units that have their very own set of code.

jlenkows,
Your VIN does not fall within the range of effected units.

Now with that said, if you are experiencing problems I always recommend that you have the dealer check for and install each and every update that is available for your Tahoe, I know that this is easier said then done but if you are tenacious you may get some action, begging and bribes may also help.
Old February 15th, 2007, 10:57 PM
CF Active Member

BTW, I didn't mean all dealer techs were idiots. Just the ones I talked to today. I did go back to have my 2nd remote reprogrammed and the guy that was there at that time was alot more knowledgable on the subject. I wasnt having any trouble with my tahoe. But I saw that it had the recall so I took it in. Now my question is, if I get a tuner, will the tuner program erase the update I just got uploaded? Thanks...
Old February 15th, 2007, 11:53 PM
CF Addict

ZX,
I am confused, my VIN is 7J114913. SO by your statement mine isnt included. However, my GM link says I have an open recall??? Recall ID:07033

Your says something 07007B????????????

Help please?
Old February 15th, 2007, 11:57 PM
CF Addict

Dave,
Check this out, SHark mentioned this also! https://chevroletforum.com/m_22237/m..._/tm.htm#22237

Found this on the internet doing a good search.

#2306 of 2314 Re: Recall 07033 [jerrywimer] by junglegeorge Feb 13, 2007 (3:42 pm) [align=right]Reply | E-mail Msg[/align][/align]Replying to: jerrywimer (Feb 13, 2007 10:01 am)
[/align]My service manager states that the 07007 - and 07033 is a re-program (flash) of the BCM (body control module) to prevent the radio from draining the battery and improve operation of the keyless entry. [/align]

Quick Reply: Update on recall