Using VIN to determine all options - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Using VIN to determine all options

CF Junior Member

Hampstead, MD

June 16th, 2011, 6:36 AM   #1  
Using VIN to determine all options

If I contact GM with my VIN, are they able to pull up the option list for my suburban? I just bought it and don't have the original option sheet. Curious what all it has.

CF Addict

June 16th, 2011, 7:30 AM   #2  
Yes.

GM VIN Decoder

CF Junior Member

Hampstead, MD

June 16th, 2011, 7:34 AM   #3  
Figures, that site is blocked here at work...will have to check when I get home tonight. However, I'm looking to find out all the options it has; will this link provide that? The VIN itself doesn't tell you options like DVD, NAV, tow package, upgraded wheels, etc. which is what I'm looking for.

Last edited by ed1le; June 16th, 2011 at 7:36 AM.

CF Active Member

New York

June 16th, 2011, 8:03 AM   #4  
That site should work for what you want. Once you search your VIN number it should come up with all the RPO codes your vehicle has. It will then break those RPO codes down into plain english telling you exactly every option you have on your vehicle.

Direct Link: HERE

Official GM Rep

Global Headquarters in Detroit, MI

June 16th, 2011, 1:06 PM   #5  
Dear ed1le,
If you would like to provide myself or Elizabeth your VIN we would be happy to provide you with your build sheet.
<O</O
Sincerely,
Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service (assisting <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comElizabeth</st1:City>)

Last edited by Chevrolet Customer Service; June 16th, 2011 at 1:07 PM. Reason: removing extra characters that didn't need to be in the response

CF Beginner

June 16th, 2011, 2:03 PM   #6  
Vin Lookup

Any GM dealer can give you a build sheet. I'm sure if you ask nicely one would do it

Administrator

KC, MO area

June 16th, 2011, 2:18 PM   #7  
Every time I try that link for Compnine, it says the VIN is not in their database yet. I have a build sheet but just wanted to check against what they have.

CF Active Member

New York

June 16th, 2011, 4:57 PM   #8  
Posted By: 73shark Every time I try that link for Compnine, it says the VIN is not in their database yet. I have a build sheet but just wanted to check against what they have.
I know of someone else who's VIN number doesn't show up there either. I am not sure why, but it seems to be either hit or miss. All of my vehicles on the other hand do show up, so I don't really know.

I am sure the build sheet is as accurate as what you would find on the website.

CF Junior Member

Hampstead, MD

June 16th, 2011, 8:37 PM   #9  
Posted By: Chevrolet Customer Service Dear ed1le,
If you would like to provide myself or Elizabeth your VIN we would be happy to provide you with your build sheet.
<O</O
Sincerely,
Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service (assisting <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comElizabeth</st1:City>)
Awesome. PM Sent.

CF Senior Member

Hicksville Ks

June 16th, 2011, 8:53 PM   #10  
Posted By: 73shark Every time I try that link for Compnine, it says the VIN is not in their database yet. I have a build sheet but just wanted to check against what they have.

my suburban and pickup show up there, but the 88 caviler does not. :dunno:

:chug:

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors