Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2016, 8:57 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibrations

I can feel a slight vibration at about 1500 rpm. If I am stuck at 1500 rpm going up a hill I can give it more gas to make it downshift and it goes away.

I assume it's coming from the engine given that it seems to correlate with the rotations but I'm not quite sure.
Old February 6th, 2016, 7:00 PM
CF Veteran

where do you feel the vibration? steering wheel? floorboard/seat? Get on a road that is safe and get to where you feel the vibration then shut the engine off so you can decipher between engine or drivetrain, if the vibration is still there after you shut the engine off and are coasting then its not engine related.
Old February 7th, 2016, 9:39 AM
CF Junior Member

That is a good thought but it only happens when I am accelerating. I can feel it most when I'm around 50 miles an hour but I'm pretty sure it happens in each gear at the 1500 RPM mark. The difficulty is that in first and second gear the 1500 mark while accelerating comes and goes so fast it's hard to tell. It feels like it's coming from the front of the vehicle.

Any other ideas?
Old February 7th, 2016, 10:35 AM
CF Veteran

engine and trans mounts ok? hard to say not being there I guess
Old February 11th, 2016, 2:44 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Davpmars
That is a good thought but it only happens when I am accelerating. I can feel it most when I'm around 50 miles an hour but I'm pretty sure it happens in each gear at the 1500 RPM mark. The difficulty is that in first and second gear the 1500 mark while accelerating comes and goes so fast it's hard to tell. It feels like it's coming from the front of the vehicle.

Any other ideas?
Have you brought your vibration concern to your dealership’s attention, Davpmars? If you’d like to go this route, we’d be glad to contact them on your behalf and review this further. Should this interest you, please send us your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership in a direct message. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and hope you enjoy the rest of your evening.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care