Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Video/Nav Override

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2006, 3:16 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video/Nav Override

Found this site today for the front video override while in motion. Same for the Nav and XM scrolling .

Here is the link:
GM Lockpick
Old August 20th, 2006, 6:33 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Video/Nav Override

WOW! This is great! I bet a lot of folks will be thrilled to see this. The price is a bit steep, but people who really want this capability will happily fork out the money. I am really interested, but I may wait until the price comes down some.

THANKS FOR THE INFO!
Old August 20th, 2006, 10:27 PM
CF Active Member

I am going to order this fall. Hopefully the price will come down some by then. My wife and I travel alot to and from the beach (4 hr one way). This will come in handy when we leave for the beach on Fridays after work once the sun sets earlier...She can watch the movie and not watch the speedo....LOL
Old August 21st, 2006, 2:39 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

This is great! Can't wait to start dodging drivers watching TV. Thought it was bad enuf when I saw people reading a book at 75 mph or talking on a cell. Isn't technology great?[sm=badidea.gif]
Old August 21st, 2006, 5:24 PM
CF Junior Member

I have been looking for this since I bought my LTZ in April. Thanks!!!!
Old August 21st, 2006, 5:35 PM
CF Active Member

I was surfing ebay yesterday and found this very same thing on there...only they were trying to sell it for $450 and not the $250 that Coastaltech is selling for. I'll probably be purchasing this in the near future. I don't have the DVD system in my LT3 but I do have Navigation and this is supposed to unlock the Navi to play DVD's...someone please correct me if i'm wrong.
Thanks
Old August 22nd, 2006, 3:32 AM
CF Junior Member

it only unlocks the features locked out while in drive. you would still need a DVD version of the head unit to play movies.
Old August 25th, 2006, 11:41 PM
CF Beginner

Not being able to have a passenger enter an address in the NAV system is quite annoying. Has anyone purchased this unit? Does it really work?
Old September 9th, 2006, 6:39 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have this unit installed on my Tahoe as of today and it works as advertised.
To watch DVD you push the mute/voice command button on the steering wheel 4 times within 6 seconds.
To enter address into Nav on-the-fly you push the power window lock-out button on the driver door panel 4 times within 6 seconds and enter the address and then push it 4 more times to start navigating or this feature times out after about a minute.
Another feature that is included (but not advertised) is an orange 12V power wire that you can plug into one of the 12V outlets that you use to power your external accessory like an iPod,
this wire will kill power to the device when you turn the key off and open the door so you don't have to power the item down manually every time that you shut your car off.

The support from Coastal Electronic is decent.
Old September 9th, 2006, 8:05 PM
CF Active Member

ZX1100F1,
Does your Tahoe have the stock DVD system or is it just the regular front Navigation?
I have just the navigation system w/ out the DVD system in the rear and I was wondering if this GM Lockpick would allow me to play DVD's on my navi screen.
Thank you,
Jay

Quick Reply: Video/Nav Override