Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Video/Nav Override

Old February 13th, 2007, 5:12 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Video/Nav Override

Bought my GM lock pick last May and installed then. Have had no issues or problems. As a techician would say, works as designed......love it
Old February 19th, 2007, 8:29 PM
CF Beginner

I saw a reply earlier in this thread that the lock pick doesn't allow a non-dvd (with NAV) radio play a dvd. My question is, if you have another video source (e.g., vizualogic a-2000 headrest/dvd setup) can the NAV radio somehow be used simply as a monitor for the aftermarket DVD source. In other words, will the NAV radio accept an external video feed?Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
Old February 19th, 2007, 9:08 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The nav units with serials ending in 67 do not play dvds, the nav units ending in xxxx66 do play dvds. THe lock pick has nothing to with the physical part of being a dvd player. It just allows dvds to be played while the vehicle is in Drive!
Old February 20th, 2007, 2:31 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hop68

I believe you can use the Lockpick 2 to add a video source such as a rear camera or a seperate DVD player if you dont have the NAV with DVD Playback. I think you activate it by pressing the window lockout switch once and the MUTE button 4 times. The lockpick website seems to comfirm this. This is great if you get a good deal on a NON DVD Playback unit or already have one.

"The GM LOCKPICK can also turn on an additional video input to your front screen if desired. This can be used for camera input (rear, front, side, baby) or as an input for other video devices. This function is only available to vehicles which have a rear view camera or the option enabled on their vehicle (this option can be added by your dealership within a few minutes if you don’t have a camera). To turn on and activate the camera video function, press the WINDOW LOCKOUT button one (1) time and then within 6 seconds, press the MUTE button (4) times. Just like that, the video from your connected device is viewable on your front screen. To turn it OFF, press the WINDOW LOCKOUT button one (1) time."

They say that you have to turn off the DVD player when you reverse so the video from the rear camera ( if equipped) and the DVD player doesn't get crossed.

"If your vehicle is equipped with a factory rear view camera, turn off your video source while in reverse so as not to mix signals. Your LOCKPICK is equipped to do this automatically if you connect the power of your video device to the ACC power provided by your LOCKPICK harness."

I have a aftermarket flipdown screen in the back. I think that will still try to get the DVD playback model so the kids can watch cartoons in the back and the wife can watch something else in the front. But if they decide to watch the same thing, I can output the flipdown DVD video to the Video/rear camera input in the lockpick. I plan on using the pins on the NAV unit itself for the rear camera.

Of course, you would still need a FM modulator or a AUX Audio input on the radio connected to the seperate DVD player so you can hear the movie playing over the car speakers.
Has anyone tried this?
Old February 21st, 2007, 2:11 AM
CF Junior Member

good info
Old March 6th, 2007, 6:39 AM
CF Junior Member

I just finished the Gen 2 lockpic install on my 07 and the only thing that works is the DVD override. I put my settings on the lockpic to 1 and 2 down.... but when I hit the window lock like the directions say nothing happens and I still can't program the address on the Navigation once im moving! arghhhh

Is anyone else having these problems??? Maybe I have a defective unit... seems like I tried everything.
Old March 7th, 2007, 1:05 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lvegaskid1

I just finished the Gen 2 lockpic install on my 07 and the only thing that works is the DVD override. I put my settings on the lockpic to 1 and 2 down.... but when I hit the window lock like the directions say nothing happens and I still can't program the address on the Navigation once im moving! arghhhh

Is anyone else having these problems??? Maybe I have a defective unit... seems like I tried everything.
Are you pressing the window lockout switch 4 times? Also is your VSS wire hooked up?
Old March 28th, 2007, 8:53 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: TMW597

Let me just preface this post with, I'm smiling and not saying this in a mean way.

People on this forum have to not be so quick to slander a company by the use of the words "rip off", "cheated", "scam", so on and so on. I'm not affiliated with Coastal Tech Electronics in anyway, but I am a technical person, and with that I do have to say that I don't think they're ripping anyone off. You have to keep in mind this product is pretty frickin' amazing in what it does, and I'm sure it's taken a lot of R&D to get it to this point. This is a "mom and pop" company for the most part so I'm pretty sure it's difficult for them to keep up with the demand sometimes as they have lives just like you and I. I do agree with most though that at some point they do need to employ someone even if it's just to answer phones and email.

As far as your shipment that is on the way. Again I don't feel you're getting ripped off, but keep in mind this is a new product, there may even be some bugs, but the product seems pretty solid, and they also seem willing to get people squared away even if it might not be on the time frame people would like right now.

Enjoy the product, and give CoastalTech a little bit of time to catch up with the demand. It's gonna' be all good.

(Mind you I'm saying all of this and I may have a faulty unit myself.) You're gonna' be straight Typerod!

'Tis the season!!!!
Really now?

BEWARE. I PURCHASED ONE For my 2007 TAHOE AND WILL NOT WORK AT ALL!! I'M NOT SURE WHY BUT I CAN'T GET A HOLD OF COASTAELTECH. I HAVE LEFT MANY,MANY MESSAGES AND EMAILS! WHAT GIVES? IT LOOKS LIKE I WAS SCAMMED AS ITS BEEN MORE THAN A WEEK TRYING TO GET A RESPONSE.!!!!!!!!!
Old March 28th, 2007, 10:38 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe I can help. Which generation GMLockPick do you have, and when was your ship date?

Old March 28th, 2007, 10:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Purchased mar 7th. Description says 2007GMlockpick) GEN2

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Video/Nav Override