Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Video/Nav Override

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2007, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Video/Nav Override

Hello I purchased a dvd navigation unlocker from ebay It works great and got it cheap they even gave me 1 yaer warranty and3 day shipping the item # is 150115773206 please let me know if there anything cheaper than that so i can purchase another for my escalade. I got mine for 245 with shipping the ebay store name is gnlshops.
Old May 28th, 2007, 7:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2007 suburban front end level kits

I need an advise on how to level the front end of the 2007 suburban. Heve anybody use any of those kits.
Old May 28th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum. You need to post this as an new thread. No one will see it under this topic.
Old May 30th, 2008, 8:13 PM
CF Beginner

Hello everyone, new member here but followed this forum for a while...just purchased my 3rd chevy an 08 Tahoe with factory Nav (plays DVDs) and backup camera and ordered the Lockpick GEN 4 which I recieved and installed just fine, I thought I read it on this forum somewhere but can't find the post now but when pressing the mute button 4x's to activate the DVD function does the NAV completely stop working for anyone else until you disable the Lockpick? I just wanted to confirm that because I tried the window lockout switch 4x's and that works fine and times out as said after 60sec but didn't know if you are still supposed to retain the Nav system will the DVD system is playing just kept switching back and forth and DVD plays fine but NAV isn't working until I disable it the lockpick. I set the first dim switch to on/down as I wasn't going to be using the provided video cable from the lockpick harness.
Old May 30th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the Tahoe forum.

Someone here can probably answer your question. It may be in this thread somewhere also. If not, try searching on Lockpick as I think I seen this mentioned before.
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:57 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: 73shark

Welcome to the Tahoe forum.

Someone here can probably answer your question. It may be in this thread somewhere also. If not, try searching on Lockpick as I think I seen this mentioned before.

Thanks, I am still searching but I appreciate the welcome....I am pretty sure the NAV does not work when the mute button is pressed 4x's to unlock the DVD/AUX and is left unlocked but for me it unlocks everything not just those 2 things POI, Address Point, XM etc are all unlocked with the mute button pressed 4x's until I re-lock and I think that's why the NAV doesn't work but I will continue my search Thanks again!
Old June 1st, 2008, 4:10 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

on my lockpick, Its setup to play video while stopped but once I drive over 5 miles an hour, i get the Driving restriction screen. To unlock video while im in drive, i press the mute button four times. Then the video comes up on screen. However, the lockpick makes your nav think your car is in park so the navigation does not work while using this feature. to turn off the lock pick for good and have everything work right like the factory intended, just press the power window lockout button once. The driving restriction screen comes back up and the nav will begin to track your new location correctly in about 15 seconds. now after you pass all thecops, you can reactivate the lockpick by pressing the mutebutton4 times.

I have notice that oncei putmy car back in park, thenput it back in drive,you have to reactivate the lock pick

If having the navigation feature work while having the dvdon thefront screen is important to you, you can getVCI-GM3 from jp customs. this allows you to keep the Navigation features working in the background giving you turn by turn directionswhile you have video playing up front. but what i do is if im taking a trip and may need the nav, i just turn off the lock pick a fewmin before i have to start making some crazy turns. the nav unit will recalculatewhere you are and give you the right directions. thenonce i get past that, i reactivate it. hope this helps
Old November 27th, 2008, 8:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Has anyone else had a problem with the GEN 2 lockpick not working after updating their '08 nav disk? Mine wont work even if I hit the mute 4x.
Old March 7th, 2009, 8:25 PM
CF Junior Member

Default 2007 Tahoe Navigation/DVD/RSE operation questions?

I hope I am posting in the correct thread.

I am going to be installing #15940102 NAV/DVD unit into my Tahoe which has RSE and Onstar and no factory cam. I plan on installing the GEN5 lockpick.

My questions are:

Does the rear A/V inputs display on the NAV/DVD display? If yes, will it also display on the rear display simultaneously? If yes, does the GEN5 lockpick allow the A/V to display while in motion on the NAV display?

Thanks in advance.
Old June 3rd, 2011, 9:17 AM
CF Beginner

read through this whole post !! lots of great information --- so do people still like their products?

Quick Reply: Video/Nav Override